𝕛𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕣 | 𝕛𝕠𝕒𝕟'𝕤 𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕔𝕖

summary: joan's niece catches all the boys' attention, but ultimately chooses jack

age: you're 14, jack's 14

words: 1114

"Pit crew! Go, go, go!" Jerry ordered as he raced up to his locker, next to Jack's.

"No! Me first!" Milton exclaimed, scrambling to his locker.

"Whoa. Guys. What's going on?" Jack asked, completely confused.

"There's this new girl in my French class and she's beautiful," Milton dreamily sighed. "Her name is Y/N and she moved here from Florida. She speaks fluent French and even corrected the teacher a couple times."

"Y/N's in my PE class. Dude, the girl can play. She hit a home run in softball and caught an over the fence hit," Jerry beamed.

"I overheard her telling Kim that she has chemistry next period! I do too!" Milton dreamily sighed again. Jack rolled his eyes, but instead of them landing back on his dearest friends, they ended up wandering to a h/c haired girl with dazzling e/c eyes.

"And she had the perfect spin on the ball. She really-"

"-dude, dude, dude. Who's that?" Jack pointed at the h/c haired beauty, cutting Jerry off.

"Y/N," Milton and Jerry dreamily replied.

"Whoa," Jack mumbled. The bell rang, indicating class was about to begin.

"We gotta get to class," Milton sighed.

"Later dude," Jerry waved, walking towards class while Jack just stood there like a dope.

•••

Jack was chasing after a small toddler that had been playing around with one of Rudy's self bought trophies for....#1 sunbather? Anyway, he finally got the little girl into his arms and the trophy out of her arms. He walked up to Rudy, mocking the girl's giggle, before speaking. "Rudy. Rudy!" Jack called out. "Rudy! Where's Milton?"

"He's changing some baby's diaper," Rudy answered. Ok, let me fill you in. Apparently Jerry's pranks and mishaps added up and he almost ended up expelled. The only reason the expulsion was withdrawn was because Jerry promised the principal that he would get the principal's son in the daycare he 'worked' at. In the end, the gang turned the dojo into a daycare. Hence the name, Dojo Daycare.

"He is? But what about his fear of germs?" Jack asked, responding to Rudy's answer. Milton walked out of the locker room in a biohazard uniform dragging the baby in a wagon with some tongs and a used diaper dangling from the pinchers. He threw the diaper into the trash before exposing himself to fresh air, breathing heavily.

"Ok, we should be good now. That diaper weighed more than he does," Milton exhaled.

"We've got an escapee! Pigtails walkin'!" Rudy exclaimed, pointing out the transparent door where a little girl with pigtails was playing with a ribbon. "Hey. Come back inside. Come on," Rudy beckoned as he opened the door and guided her inside.

"Hey! Excuse me! Can I have my niece back?" Joan asked as she followed the girl with pigtails inside.

"Oh. Oh I'm sorry. I thought she was one of ours," Rudy apologized.

"Oh no no no. I'm taking her over to the Holiday Suites. My sister enrolled her in the Little Ms. Seaford Pageant," Joan clarified. "Y/N was supposed to be watching her, but I don't know where she got to."

"Ok. I made it," Y/N breathed heavily as she hobbled into the dojo. 

"What happened to you?" Joan asked.

"Well, apparently, people here happen to ambush girls who are trying to watch their little sisters," Y/N sarcastically answered.

"Y/N! What a surprise. What it do?" Jerry walked up to Y/N carrying a baby.

"I think the baby just gave you a present," she replied.

"Ugh. Milton, can you clean this up?" Jerry asked.

"No way. I have seen things no one should have to see," Milton shook his head vigorously.

"What a wimp, am I right? Y/N? Y/N? Where'd you go?" Jerry asked, looking around for the h/n haired girl. Y/N had wandered up to Jack who was entranced by Y/N's effortless beauty.

"I don't believe we've met before. Hi, I'm Y/N," Y/N introduced herself.

"I'm Jack," Jack shook her hand. "Are you good with kids? We could use a hand around here."

"I thought this was a daycare," Y/N cocked her head to the side.

"Well, for today, it is. It's actually a normal dojo, but we had to transform it into a daycare so Jerry wouldn't get expelled. It's a long story," Jack responded.

"Got it," she smiled warmly. "I think I can help. I know a thing or two about how to entertain children." She grabbed the toddler in Jack's arms, their arms brushing together. Jack felt a sudden spark that rushed up his arm and he was quite sure Y/N felt it to by the way she paused for a second. "You felt that too, right?"

"Uh yeah. Um so uh how do you entertain a child?" Jack awkwardly asked. He admired the way she seemed so casual about everything. Even after they both admitted they felt a spark.

•••

"Well, now that the baby's safe and everything's back to normal, what do you wanna do?" Y/N asked Jack. They had been through quite a lot. The principal's baby, Byron, had an exclusive tour of the construction site, and not the good kind. Jack and Jerry spent a good half hour or so retrieving the baby and getting it back to the principal safely.

"Well, we've gotta clean up the dojo. Now that everything's back to normal, we need to get all of the toys outta there," Jack sighed, getting up. He gave Y/N a hand, which she gratefully took, standing up with Jack. They started cleaning up in silence, every once in a while colliding arms feeling the same familiar spark.

"Does the spark mean anything to you?" Y/N broke the silence.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Does the spark mean anything to you? I mean, you said you felt it when I asked," Y/N clarified.

"I don't really know what it's supposed to mean," Jack admitted. "I really like you, Y/N. I guess the spark just means there's a connection? I'm guessing." Y/N chuckled lightly at his nervousness.

"Well, since you seem too nervous to take the first step, I will," Y/N decided. She walked up to Jack, giving him a sweet peck on the lips. "Jack, will you go out with me?"

"This is not how I fantasized this moment in my head, but yes. I'll go out with you," Jack agreed. The rest of the afternoon was filled with playful flirting and teasing. What a great way to end a terrible catastrophe.