𝕝𝕖𝕠 𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕 | 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥

summary: you are the new intern makeup stylist and you've been assigned to do leo's makeup

summary: you are the new intern makeup stylist and you've been assigned to do leo's makeup. you thought it'd be easy until a certain blonde comes to check on you.

age: you're 16, he's 17

words: 1073

"You will be doing Leo Howard's makeup. You've heard of him, haven't you?" the snarky blonde asked. She wasn't the one who was interning anyone, no that was Mirna Gonzalez. This snarky blonde was also an intern who had been told to tell Y/N that she'd be doing the Leo Howard's makeup. The snarky blonde, Emily, had a major crush on Leo since he started in the show, Kickin' It. Y/N, however, didn't really know who this Leo character was. She spent most of her time devoted to makeup, spending most of her time on TV with tutorials and techniques to improve her skill.

"I've heard of him. I don't really know him, though," Y/N admitted.

"What? How have you not heard of him? He's the hottest guy on Disney! What did you do as a child? Dig around in your mom's closet to play with her makeup?" Emily snarled.

"Yes, actually. I've devoted most of my life to-"

"-Sorry, I didn't ask for your life story," Emily cut Y/N off. "Leo's makeup room is room 319. It's next to Olivia's makeup room."

"Wait, I don't know where that is," Y/N stopped Emily from walking away.

"Ugh. Do I have to do everything? Just ask a crew member," Emily flipped her hair, walking away. Y/N sighed, walking down the hall, looking around desperately for a member of the cast or crew. As she was passing the sets, she saw a brunette boy jogging up to one of the producers.

"Leo, what are you doing? You should be in makeup right now," Jim, the executive producer, pointed out.

"I know, but Mirna hasn't showed up yet," the brunette boy, presumably Leo, informed Jim.

"Mirna said she was sending one of the interns to you," Jim looked down at his clipboard, checking his notes. Y/N, who had heard, felt guilty for getting Leo in trouble for being late.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to find Leo's makeup room and got lost along the way. But I can do his makeup now, if you'd like," Y/N apologized.

"Uh yes, of course. Please do. If you could have him ready in 15 minutes that'd be great, but we do have a small amount of time extend if you need more time," Jim offered.

"Ok. I'll do my best," Y/N nodded before turning to the gaping boy. "Um...can you show me to your makeup room?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, that. Uh yeah. This way," Leo beckoned her to follow him. She followed obediently, gaping at the amount of makeup in the male's makeup room. "Yeah. It's a lot. Most of it is just some extra stuff they store in here for Liv."

"Um...so how does Mirna usually do this?" Y/N asked, not wanting to ruin her shot at becoming a professional makeup artist, her dream job.

"She normally does my makeup while I do whatever. But, since you're new, I think I wanna get to know you," Leo replied.

"You think you want to get to know me?" Y/N chuckled. 

"I want to get to know you," Leo rephrased. Y/N started to relax and let down her shy wall. Leo and Y/N spent the next 15 minutes getting to know each other and joking around.

"Alright, you're all set," Y/N sighed, setting down the brush. "You should probably get to set. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for being late for filming."

•••

The next week was the same schedule. Y/N was doing Leo's makeup again and Emily was jealous again. Presently, Y/N was taking her time, applying concealer under Leo's eyes to cover up his bags. "So, Mateo ended up hitting himself in the face with the dummy," Leo laughed, finishing a story he was telling Y/N. She was lightly laughing along, gently blending the concealer.

"Oh Y/N," Emily's shrill voice sang. "I finished Liv's makeup. Are you almost done Leo's?"

"Halfway. Why?" Y/N asked.

"Ugh. Only halfway? Liv requires eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow filling, along with the base while Leo only needs foundation, concealer, bronzer, and highlighter, but I still finish before you? Wow. You must suck at this," Emily snickered. Y/N rolled her eyes, setting down the concealer palette and moving onto the bronzer. She'd rather just ignore Emily altogether. "Maybe I should do Leo's makeup. It'll take less time anyway."

"Fine, Emily, you can do Leo's makeup next week," Y/N gave in.

"Thanks, doll. You're the best," Emily smiled sweetly.

"But I don't want that," Leo piped up.

"What are you talking about?" Y/N asked, confused.

"I don't want to switch makeup artists," Leo clarified. "And aren't you supposed to be doing Dylan's makeup too?"

"Well, I just wanted to check up on you. I mean, this buffoon you call a makeup artist could really ruin the whole look," Emily defended herself.

"Well, she hasn't ruined the look," Leo spoke frustratedly. "Go do Dylan's makeup. His makeup is as important as mine."

"But- fine," Emily sighed, defeated, walking away to, presumably, Dylan's makeup room.

"Why don't you stand up to her?" Leo asked Y/N.

"Because it'll cause conflict," she shrugged. "If I cause conflict as a crew member intern, then I won't be able to live my dream job."

"What is your dream job?" Leo asked, genuinely curious.

"I'm guessing you already know it has something to do with makeup because of my internship here, but my dream job is to become a famous makeup artist known for my own signature and unique looks," Y/N answered. "I want people to look at a makeup look and think 'Wow, a Y/N L/N look'. It's silly, really."

"I don't think it's silly at all. I mean, I wanted to become a famous actor and here I am," Leo pointed out. "Nothing's really silly unless you don't really want it." Y/N sighed, nodding. "Hey. Why don't you and I go get something to eat after filming?"

"But wouldn't that be unprofessional to go on a date? I mean, we work together," Y/N spoke uneasily.

"It doesn't have to be a date, per say. More of a...romantic outing," Leo tried, making Y/N laugh.

"Sure. I'll go on a 'romantic outing' with you," Y/N mocked.

"Good," Leo smirked.

"Good," she repeated, putting away his makeup.

"Good."