Breaking Chains

A/N: Welcome to book 2! If you haven't read Skin, make sure you go read that first or else you won't understand this story at all. Skin focused mainly on Dabi and his struggles but I noticed that the story was changing from my original plan. So, Scars will still focus on the Todoroki bros, but it will also bring more attention to some side characters (both canon and non canon). This also gives me a chance to use more of the OCs you guys suggested. Also..... there's a certain hero you all have been asking about and he may play a big role in this book as a possible antagonist 👀 Hopefully that teaser perks your interest. With that being said, enjoy chapter 1!
__________________

Since The League joined forces with the Shin Sekai Order, more and more eyes are being opened up to the world around them. The League continues to manipulate society and the Shin Sekai tells them that they all deserve free will. Whoever wears the badge of "hero" are now being looked down on by a majority of the citizens. So much so that they're being referred to as "gods of the plague". Every day, more and more warriors of justice are stepping down and taking their rightful place at the bottom of the food chain where so many of the oppressed were forced to lay.

Dabi began to lose even more control over his comrades as time went on. Even Twice and Toga of all people were beginning to fall under Shouto's command. This "alliance" was only a façade in order for Shouto to grow his army. Dabi knew he should have seen it coming, but his little brother was right. Being underestimated had its advantages.

"Bakugou!" Toga skipped over to the chained up boy and kicked over a tray of food. "Eat up, love. You got a big day ahead of you." She giggled and held a spoon full of slop up to the boys busted lips. When he refused to open, Toga roughly squished his cheeks so his mouth would part, allowing her to force feed him. "Awww you're so adorable. Like a little mangy puppy!" she squealed. Bakugou slowly reached for the bottle of water that was by Toga's foot, only for her to threaten that she would stab through his hand if he moved without orders. "Uh-Uh. What do we say?"

"Please..." Toga opened up her mouth and took a swig just to mock their thirsty prisoner.

"You want it?" She teasingly held up the water then began to spill it on the concrete floor. "Then drink it."

Never in his life did Bakugou imagine himself in this state. He was now kneeled down, licking up water from the ground like some homeless mutt. He's been a prisoner for two months now and in that time he's suffered lacerations (Toga), burns (Shouto), suffocation (Tyra) and being annoyed to death by Okada. As well as getting his pinky and middle fingers chopped off. When he was shown the news, his pinky had been sent to his family while the middle was sent to the Hero Commissions Office.

By doing this, it showed people that there were no more heroes that were willing to step up and save when there would be no praise coming from society. And for those that did try looking for the missing boy, they were quickly disposed of by The League or recruited and promised a better world where they didn't have to risk their lives for others.

"Your friends have been looking for you, y'know." Toga twirled her bloody knife around her skinny fingers. "Especially that cutie, Deku. He's been searching high and low for the smallest clue. Lucky for us, Todoroki is really good at deceiving people. Nobody expects him of doing a thing. The Shin Sekai continues their little protests through the streets while the League works in the shadows with all of the lovely blood." Toga felt her cheeks start to heat up at the thought of violence. "I had my doubts. I really did, but I'm glad I was wrong."

"It's not over." Bakugou's arms trembled under his weight, "You won't win."

"Who's gonna stop us? Anybody who's a hero has either joined us or given up. Let's face it, the terms hero and villain have lost all meaning. Some of us are able to finally walk the streets without being attacked. People sympathize with us and see we're not all bad." She pouted and held her hands up to her puffy cheeks. If Bakugou didn't know any better, he'd say she looked like a harmless school girl.