Confused

The first thing Alec was aware of was the dull ache in his head. He remembered hitting his head when Jace shoved him out of the demon's reach, but not much of what happened after. The second thing he realized was that his hands were tightly bound behind his back. Alec opened his eyes and looked around in confusion; it was daylight and he was sitting in a very familiar graveyard. How the hell did he get to the entrance of the Silent City?

"On your feet Lightwood, we aren't going to tell you again."

Alec started at the gruff voice just over his shoulder as he felt a sharp poke in his back. He turned his head to see two Clave soldiers, blades drawn, standing behind him.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Don't play dumb." Guard #1 stated gruffly. "Everyone knows about you. You're a disgrace. Now move!" The guard grabbed Alec's hair, pulling him roughly to his feet.

Stumbling as he was shoved forward, Alec tried to still the panic he could feel building inside of him. 'Think Alec,' he said to himself, "what happened after you hit the wall?' He remembered Jace and Izzy killing the demon, but nothing else. What was happening? What could he have done to end up in Clave custody? What could they know? That froze Alec's insides. There was one thing he could think of that would elicit this reaction from Clave guards. 'No, it's not possible.' He hoped inwardly. 'They can't know, nobody does.'

Alec entered the Silent City desperately trying to figure out what was happening and how he had gotten there. He remained quiet as he descended lower and lower into the bowels of the city. Natural light became obsolete, only the light emanating from the witchlights the soldiers carried illuminated the path down to the lowest levels of the dungeons; the levels used for the most grievous of criminals. With his hands still bound, Alec was unable to catch himself as was he shoved into one of the cold, damp cells. He fell to the floor cracking his knees painfully on the hard ground.

"Enjoy your stay." Guard #2 laughed as he locked the cell door. Alec could hear the guards laughing as they walked away, taking the only source of light with them.

____________________________

Looking around, Simon found it hard to believe he was standing in a nightmare. Knowing that they were heading into Alec's worst nightmares, it was just assumed they would land in some dark, desolate landscape, instead, they had sort of materialized together in a field full of the most beautiful flowers he had ever seen, in more colors than he could count.

"This is Alec's subconscious?", Simon questioned. "Explains a lot."

"Shut up Sherwood." Magnus said.

"Um, it's actually Sim..." Simon began.

"Nobody cares Sheldon." Magnus retorted airily, cutting Simon off. Magnus continued. "Now, everyone please remember the rings I gave you will only track Alec. If we are separated, they may be the only thing that helps us get back together, if you lose yours, the others will not be drawn to you – so don't lose it. To track Alec, just close your eyes and concentrate on the feel of the ring on your hand and Alec, you will soon feel a pull. The stronger the pull, the closer we are."

Everyone closed their eyes, trying to concentrate on Alec.

After a couple of minutes, Simon opened his eyes and stared at his ring. "I think I feel something, but it isn't very strong."

"Yeah, me too. It feels like it is coming from that direction." Jace replied, pointing toward a lake in the distance. "Anyone else?" Jace looked around confused by the lack of response. "Uh, Simon? Where is everyone?"