JAPANESE & KOREAN URBAN LEGENDS

So today we will read about one Korean and one Japanese legend.

THE ELEVATOR MURDER

According to how the story goes, a 19-year-old Haruko was going up to her apartment on the fourteenth floor

According to how the story goes, a 19-year-old Haruko was going up to her apartment on the fourteenth floor. As soon as the elevators doors were about to close, a hand stopped them and a very handsome man entered and stood very close to Haruko. He informed her that he lived on the thirteenth floor and pressed the button. 

As soon as the elevator stopped on the thirteenth floor, he looked at her and manically laughed with a knife in his hand while saying, "I'll see you upstairs". No matter what button she pressed, the elevator eventually took her to the fourteenth floor and she was killed.

Korean people believe this to be a true story and some also say this is the reason why elevators have a 'stop' button now.

HACHISHAKU-SAMA (8 FEET TALL)

Eight Feet Tall (八尺様, Hachishaku-sama, also informally called Hasshakusama) is a type of Japanese spirit (Yokai) that takes the form of an impossibly tall female specter often said to have a deep, masculine voice in which she repeats the interject...

Eight Feet Tall (八尺様, Hachishaku-sama, also informally called Hasshakusama) is a type of Japanese spirit (Yokai) that takes the form of an impossibly tall female specter often said to have a deep, masculine voice in which she repeats the interjection "Po" [ぽ] repeatedly, and a habit of preying on children, usually ones who are nine to eleven years old. 

Hachishakusama often appears as an eight-feet tall woman with black hair. She wears a white hat and a white dress with no shoes.

Hachiskausama, to catch her victims, she stalks the children for some days, maybe months too, then when she stops, she takes the child and take her/him away from the family then kills him/her.

Eight Feet Tall can vary from a withered hag or an attractive woman, yet is always inhuman in terms of height. While her appearance varies between accounts, most eyewitnesses have stated that she dressed in a white summer dress and the wide-brimmed hat.

Powers/Skills

Teleportation

Incredible stealth
vast supernatural powers
Immortality
Manipulation

The legend of Eight Feet Tall started to be known around 2008.

NOW WHAT IS YOKAI?

 If you read it deeply you may find a word called YOKAI.

So Yokai,

Are a class of supernatural monsters and spirits in Japanese folklore. The word 'yōkai' is composed of the kanji for "bewitching; attractive; calamity" and "spectre; apparition; mystery; suspicious.

ARE YOKAI GOOD?

They are a wide category of monsters, ghosts and other supernatural beings of Japanese myth. They are as diverse as Japan's historical imagination and could be fearsome or tame, powerful or weak, villainous or good. Most well known yokai are stock characters who show up in countless old myths.

HOPE YOU ALL ENOYED READING THIS.

~WITH LOVE

ADHEENA