CHAPTER FIVE

"A forest a living forest!" One of the cats yowled with happiness. Suddenly the rest of the cats lit up with joy, except for one cat; Viperstrike he looked as if he had just eaten a piece of rotting prey he curled his lip in disdain. "Forgive me Vinestar but if i'm correct you still need to choose a deputy, correct?" Purred Viperstrike. Vinestar just gave him an extremely cold look "yes I am aware" she stared coldly into his eyes. The four clans had finally found their new home, no trouble could worry them, no hesitation was made when choosing territory places.

"This looks like a great place for Heatherclan!" Smiled Hollowdusk along side Songpaw. But Sourpaw's mind was somewhere else, the kittypet; the golden tom had noticed Sourpaw but had chosen to not acknowledge her. Instead he started staring at another she-cat, "ugh Applepaw gets all the attention!" Sourpaw's mind hissed. Sourpaw stalked toward Applepaw, Applepaw's coat shone in the sunlight's kiss. Sourpaw sat down next to her, "Applepaw. You cannot take him away from me." Sourpaw spoke flatly no bounce in her voice. "Whaaaaa no way that kittypet?" Spotpaw interrupted "she isn't into kittypets" she giggled, Sourpaw looked away abit embarrassed.

"Why were you so worried anyway?" Applepaw giggled "because I want a shot at getting a mate soon" Sourpaw licked her chest a couple of times "and he seems fit" Sourpaw held her head high
. Applepaw stood up and walked away, now the Tom's mind was watching Sourpaw that was when it hit her "he doesn't like her he was just acknowledging her pretty coat" Sourpaw posed. Sourpaw noticed the kittypet stalking towards her. She let out a purr of happiness. "Hello" sounded his frail scared voice "hello you nervous kittypet" Sourpaw giggled "how are you?" He purred "I feel ok, you?" Sourpaw smiled "I feel so happy" he giggled.

"Sourpaw!" Called another Sourclan cat "we need you back at camp!" The cat lightly scolded, "uh coming!" Sourpaw called back, she turned to the kittypet and asked his name "I am Sourpaw, you are?" She smiled "I-i'm Chris" he replied love filled his eyes. "Sourpaw finally!" Twigpaw heaved a long sigh of relief.

                    CHAPTER SIX
Maplepaw sat by the riverbed playing with a bunch of leaves when, suddenly another strange cat appeared. He ignored the other cat and started to writhe in the leaves his ankle was cut by the sharp edged leaves. "Ow!" He yowled, the other cat wondered over to him and rubbed dock leaf poultice into his cut "keep it there" he sounded like he was threatening him. Maplepaw mimicked his words annoyed "we have a medicine cat too you know!" Maplepaw hissed under his breath.

He stumbled back into camp after his long tiring walk, Sourpaw's eyes averted to him. She curled her lip "Maplepaw." Sourpaw sounded strong but wafts of worry were raking off of her. Maplepaw took no notice she was always strange after all. He sat up in his nest Lilypaw was sat in her nest almost as if she had snuck out but she seemed perfectly fine not drained not a single thing had scathed her pelt on the way out. He shrugged it off and fell asleep.

                 CHAPTER SEVEN
Twigpaw woke up for the dawn patrol, her mentor Viperstrike was waiting impatiently for her his claws were tearing out clumps of grass. Tigerdawn was also there Twigpaw had guessed that Maplepaw had been called to go too. She was patrolling the sharp-edged riverbed with caution. Some of the stones had dried bits of blood plastered to them she knew they were harmful. She dipped her head down for a quick drink. "Twigpaw!" Viperstrike called annoyed, "oh! Uh, coming!" Twigpaw called back. She was at Tigerdawn's heels.

"Heatherclan warriors use this undergrowth to stalk us like we are their prey" Viperstrike spoke caution in his voice, he turned to Twigpaw "where is your sister?" He meowed out of the blues "what?" Twigpaw pulled away from him "I don't know" she hissed annoyed "it's like he doesn't want to be my mentor" Twigpaw shredded tiny bits of grass underneath her claws. "Listen Viperstrike, I know why you want to see her. It's become clear to me that you want to mentor her, Sourpaw's mentor died" Twigpaw growled in annoyance.