c h a p t e r 1 : p a r t 1

"geto! come over here for a second!" the light blue haired sorcerer called out to her classmate.

it was a windy day, with a cloud or two above their heads. her long hair dancing in the wind as geto slowly approached her.

he looked down at what she was pointing at, towering over her frail body, casting a shadow upon her.

the butterfly aimidai was pointing at flew away from the sudden change of lighting and she turned to geto with a smile and said, "well there it goes." with a sweet chuckle.

"my bad." geto said, raising his hands in defence as he crouched down to her level and stared up at the sky.

"looks like it'll rain soon." he said as he took a deep breath in.

the girl looked at him and said, "you think? it's only windy and there are only a few clouds above us." and before geto could say anything else, she interrupted him and said, "unless you're one of those cool people who can predict the weather just by sniffing the air."

geto smiled at her and said, "would you be surprised?"

the girl looked at him and said, "not really. you're intelligent so it's something that i'd expect from you, but i might be wrong."

geto smiled at her response and said, "you overestimate me."

aimidai scooted closer to him, butterflies forming in her stomach, and said, "we've been partners since forever, and i know for a fact that i'm not overestimating you."

"you say we've been partners for many years yet you still call me geto?" the black haired sorcerer said as he looked aimidai in the eyes.

she felt the butterflies in her stomach take over her mind and she became a blushing mess and looked away, breaking eye contact.

"haha- you're funny geto. w-what else do you want me to call you?" she stuttered.

geto sighed before looking up at the sky and saying, "suguru. just call me suguru."

the light blue haired sorcerer turned to him, not believing her own ears before saying, "you want me to call you suguru?"

geto turned back to her and with a smile said, "yes, like i call you aimi, you call me suguru. no need to be so formal anymore."

aimidai felt her heart and face light up and she jumped on geto and hugged him tightly, tackling him down on the grass while messing with his hair.

"you big idiot!" she joked as she hugged him a bit longer before letting go. she still was a blushing mess. but it wasn't because she was flustered or shy, it was because she was happy.

"suguru-" aimidai started before he phone rang. she pulled it out of her pocket and saw that it was an unknown number. she suspected that this random guy was someone gojo gave her number to.

she was about to decline but geto took the phone and said, "i'll deal with it," with a wink before picking up and waiting for the other side to say something.

"ugh, is this aimi?" the phone asked and geto said, "no, who is this?"

aimi tried not to laugh, it's been ages since the two messed around like this. usually they were calm and quite when together.

the only one making noises was gojo and sometimes the others, which was the only time aimidai joined on the fun.

"oh?! who is this may i ask? and is this aimi's phone?" the other side asked a bit concerned and worried.

geto sighed and said, "why do you have my girlfriend's number?"

aimi was really flustered by the label geto gave her. she felt her face heat up and she looked away, while still diligently listening to what geto was saying.

"oh? wait but the white haired male said that aimi was single." the male on the phone protested.

"listen, i don't know who you're talking about, but you're really getting yourself into trouble here. delete my girl's number and never contact it again." geto said.

the male on the other side quietly said, "okay, sorry for the trouble." before hanging up.

geto turned off aimidai's phone before handing it back to her. she was still red and said, "why'd you say that?" as she put her phone into her pocket.

"it was the easiest way out. why are you so flustered?" geto asked with a smirk.

aimidai turned to him and bravely said, "i'm not flustered, just taken aback and all."

geto chuckled before giving her a genuine smile which melted her heart.

"suguru, you're the best."