Chapter 7

Tora woke the next morning to synchronous thumping of armor. She sprang up, and sped to the window, only to see the elven army departing with wagons of food. Quickly, Tora wrote a note to Thranduil, a note of good luck and hope. She quickly tied it around the hummingbird that had stayed with her that night after Thranduil had left.

"At the head of the army, you will find Thranduil on a big elk, wish the elk good luck and Thranduil this note."

And the hummingbird sped off. Thranduil thought he herd a small humming in his left  ear, and waved it away, but it kept coming back, finally he looked around to find the hummingbird hovering right next to his head with a note clamped in his beak. He took the tiny note and wached as the small bird hovered over to Megaloceros' ear and chirp a few times. The elk swung his head to the side as the hummingbird zoomed away, to the castle, looking back in the direction of Tora's room. Thranduil read the letter and gave a tiny smile, and also looked back to her room, and saw a tiny figure staring back at them. She lowered her head respectfully, and waved farewell. Thranduil had to suppress the urge to wave back. Instead he blinked at her, and she understood.

Nelthil walked into her room not long after, and helped her get ready for they day. Again having a vanilla bath, picking out a nice blue dress, and kept her hair down, but putting a nice hair clip in it to bring out the small blond streaks of sunlight.

"Will you show me where the library is Nelthil? I need to learn elvish."

"Once you have eaten your breakfast then I will take you to the library."

She agreed and inhaled her mashed potatoes. They then went to the library. Tora gaped at the million books in the tall room. It was so quiet, only the whispers of stories and turning of pages could be herd from the room of knowledge. It took her a moment to realize Nelthil was gone, so she started wandering the library, trailing her fingers across the leather bound books.

Screw elvish! Where are the history books!?

"Are you looking for anything Miss?"

Tora jumped and turned around to find a tall dark haired elf with a book in hand, and purple robes towering over her. When she turned he blinked a few times.

"Yes actually, could you tell me where the history books are?"

"Your human?"

"Yeah- do you know where they are?"

He smiled, and walked away, beckoning for her to follow. She did so gladly until they found the history books.

"The first books are over here."

He said, pulling out a very dusty and warn book.

"My name is Aeven, if ever you need me."

And he drifted away. Excitedly, Tora pulled out the first three books and headed to the table to open the first book. After hours of reading, her stomach began to rumble and she brought the books to the front desk where Aeven sat, quill in hand.

"Is there a way I could bring these to my room?"

She asked quietly. He looked up from his writing, and nodded, taking the books to copy there titles onto a pice of paper he pulled out of a drawer.

"There you go ma'am, tell me when you are done so I can take them off the list."

And he handed them back to her, and she took them in her arms.

"Thank you Aeven, and please, call me Tora."

They smiled at each other, and she headed towards the stables.