Chapter 1

Kurt blinked a few times to get used to the light as he woke up. He smiled when he saw his amazing husband next to him. He got up and walked to the kitchen. After deciding to make pancakes, he got the ingredients out and started cooking. A door opened in the hallway with the bedrooms and he looked over, seeing his daughter, Alexa, walk in the room.

"Hey honey! I'm making pancakes." She smiled and sat at the counter on a stool.

"Smells good!" He looked over and smiled. "Is dad still sleeping?"

"Yeah." He replied. She nodded.

"I don't want to go to school Monday."

"I know honey. I used to hate school. Just try to enjoy it before you graduate. Think of all your friends and how much fun you have at school."

"Yeah but it's not as much fun as just hanging out."

"How about we go out today? Have lots of fun before having to go back to school and work."

"Okay!" Alexa looked around at their apartment that they've lived in for about 10 years. She doesn't really remember much about when they moved in but it's where she grew up. It was a cute little apartment in New York and perfect for their little family.

When you walk in, there is a hallway with beautiful dark wood flooring. On the left side are 2 doors. The first one is a closet and the second one was a guest bedroom with white carpet. On the right side of the hallway was one door and in there was a bathroom. It had a single sink with a mirror in front, a shower with a tub, and a toilet. Once you exit the hallway you enter a large open area. To the left is a living room with a large white U shaped couch and a 50" tv. There were also clear sliding double doors to a balcony. Straight out of the hallway was a dining room table with 3 chairs on each side. To the right is the kitchen. The counter goes all the way around with 2 openings. 1 for the entrance from the dining area to the kitchen and the other is straight across to a hallway. In the kitchen is an island, farm sink, stainless steel appliances, off-white cabinets and marble countertops. In the dining room where the kitchen counter is are stools. In the hallway that leads from the kitchen is identical to the main hallway. On the left side are two doors and the right side is one. The first door on the left is another bedroom. Identical to the guest except there is an extra door to a bathroom. In the bathroom the door leads to the hallway which is the second door in that hall. In the door on the right is the master bedroom. There is a door in there as well that leads to the master bathroom. In there is a walk in shower, double sinks, a toilet, and 2 walk in closets. The same dark wooden flooring from the hall keeps going into the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, and master bed.

They were quiet for a second longer before Kurt felt two arms wrap around him and felt a kiss pressed to his cheek.

"HOLY— you scared the crap out of me!" Alexa laughed and Blaine looked at what he was doing.

"Sorry." He moved away and sat next to Alexa. "So, what are we doing today?"

"I was thinking we could go shopping and stuff and then visit Rachel." Kurt said.

"Sounds fun!" Kurt finished making the pancakes and gave everyone their plates. After they ate, they all got dressed and ready for the day.

"You ready to leave?" Blaine asked them all.

"Yeah!" Alexa responded. Kurt nodded in response and they all left. "So we are going to the mall?"

"That's what I was thinking if you want."

"Okay!" Kurt and Blaine smiled as they saw a smile form on her face. They got to the mall and started walking down to see where they wanted to go. The first place was a clothes store. They walked in and followed her around as she looked. She got a few shirts but that was it from there. They found another store and continued looking at clothes.