Day three

Brian MC:

"Hey"
"Good *cough* morning *cough*. Aherm... Sorry." Brian was still in my arms and I literally just coughed on him.
"Are you good?"
"Yeah I'm just gonna take a glass of water"
As I walked down the corridor, I started to feel dizzy. I couldn't stop coughing. My vision blurred as I dropped down on the floor.
"Brian..." I muttered.
I heard him calling my name and running towards me. I could feel the distress in his voice, and my brain shut down with the vague image of him kneeling down crying next to me.

Brian F:

As soon as I saw Brian's seemingly lifeless body on the floor I called 911. I was frightened, crying my eyes out tryna figure out what I could do. When the ambulance came, they only said that they would take care of him and that I had to stay home. I didn't have a clue in which hospital Brian was, what happened to him, or if he was even alive. I was really overwhelmed and stressed out by this situation. I already almost lost Brian 3 years ago, and it was a really dark time. I couldn't imagine what I would become without him. All I wanted was to hear his voice, to know that he's alright and that he's coming back to me soon. I was nervously checking my phone every minute, hoping for a text or a call from him. Brian really means so much to me, and I was wrecked thinking about how I might never see him again.

My ringtone made me snap back to reality.

"Oh my god Brian! Where are you how are you? What happened? Please tell me you're fine!" I said sobbing.
"Calm down babe. I'm in LA Community Hospital. The nurse said I fainted due to COVID and my smoking habits. My lungs couldn't provide enough dioxygen to my brain so it just shut down. They put me under respiratory aid and I woke up a few hours after. I should be able to leave tomorrow."
"I was so worried and scared Brian you can't imagine. I want to be by your side so bad right now but I'm stuck at home. Anyway I'm glad to hear you're recovering. I wouldn't know what to do with my life if you... if..."
I was trying to keep talking to him but my voice was shaking. I was supposed to be the one reassuring him but my heart was overflowing. Just the thought of him being gone forever was too hard to process.
"Thank you for saving me. If it happened while I was alone in my apartment I would not be there anymore."
"I'll always be here for you"

I then changed the subject, trying to distract myself from the fear of losing him.