1: Introduction

Avonee

I woke up in an empty bed. I've been waking up like this for a while. My boyfriend Brent, has been gone more lately. He always says he attends meetings for his business, but I can't help but think he's lying to me.

One time, I came home from work and saw a piece of lingerie on the edge of our bed.

We fought about who it belonged to. He kept saying it was mine but I've never bought lingerie before. We've been together for seven years, but we fight a lot.

I looked at my phone for the time and it was 10:35 am. Shit, I'm late for work.

I hopped out of bed and went to shower. When I finished showering I brushed my teeth and did my skin care routine, fast.

I got out the bathroom and put on my uniform and apron then made my way down downstairs out the door. I got in my car and drove to Starbucks.

...

I made it to work and got out my car. I rushed inside and was greeted by a mad little old lady.

Old lady boss
"Your late Avonee, again."

Avonee
"I know i know, I'm sorry I've been slow lately."

Old lady boss
"Your lucky your the most hard worker here, I'll kick your ass out if you weren't."
She said chuckling after

Avonee
"Thank you so much."
I said with a sigh of relief

There were three employees. Me, Tyler, and Luka.

 Me, Tyler, and Luka

Luka

Tyler

Tyler

Luka was a new employee so it wasn't that boring at the cafe since he would mess up sometimes which was funny.

Tyler was freaking tall and had a fun personality. We became friends since both of us started to work here on the same week two years ago.

Luka
"Hey Avonee? How do you turn on the blender again?"

Avonee
"Really Luka? This is the fourth time I showed you how this week."

Luka
"Sorry, I just keep forgetting."

Avonee
"It's alright, I'll just leave a note there telling you which buttons to press."

Luka
"Oh yes, thank you."

I nodded and waited at the front counter waiting for another person to walk in.

Tyler
"It's so fucking slow today."
He said leaning on the counter next to me

Avonee
"Yeah for real, I think this is the slowest we've ever been before."

...

Today was a slow and boring day. Luka left early since well, he's Luka so me and Tyler stayed to clean up the place.

I was wiping one of the tables when Tyler spoke.

Tyler
"Hey uh, you doing anything tomorrow since we're both off?"

Avonee
"No, I don't think I have any plans."

Tyler
"Well then you wanna hangout since like we barley do that?"

Avonee
"Yeah sure, what do you want to do?"
I said turning around to him standing behind me

Tyler
"Since we both skate, let's go to the skatepark."

Avonee
"Sounds good."

We locked up the store and parted ways. I drove to my house. I walked inside and Brent was crashed out on the couch with the tv on.

I put a blanket over him and turned the tv off.

I went into my room changed and into my pink silk pajamas. I went on Instagram and to my best friend Kali's profile to see what she's been up to.

I requested a face time and she answered on the second ring.

Kali
"Hey Vonnie!"

Avonee
"Hey, how's tour going?"

Kali
"Oh um it's going uh great."

Avonee
"When are you coming back? It's almost a month already?"

Kali
"Soon bae... look I gotta go now I gotta do something."

Avonee
"Okay, talk to you later Kali, love you!"

Kali
"Love you too!"

Me and Kali have been best friends for two years. We have a good but weird bond. Brent started going on these 'business meetings' when Kali started her tour. But maybe it's just a coinci dink right?

Suddenly the bedroom door opened, it was Brent.

Brent
"Hey, when did you get here?"

Avonee
"A couple minutes ago, tomorrow I'm gonna go to the skatepark with Tyler."

Brent
"That nigga you work with?"

Avonee
"Yeah, is there something wrong with that?"
I said raising an eyebrow

Brent
"Nah, hangout as much as you want."

I sighed and he fell back to sleep. I put in my AirPods and watched some YouTube, eventually I fell asleep too.

END CHAPTER

Please give feed back if you can
Thanks :)