♡︎

"so, you agreed?" yeonjun asked taehyun as soon the younger takes a place beside him.

"I did." he simply said, smiling faintly to the four of them.

" but why you have to get involved with her? you are in need of money?" beomgyu said with a hint of annoyance, definitely not agreeing with taehyun's decision.

" It wasn't about money," he said, eyeing every confused face of his friends.

" then?" soobin questioned.

" I just want to get close to her."

the simple response earning heavy sighs from his friends. taehyun only giggles, he's already expecting the objection.

" why are you so eager about befriending her though?" kai rolls his eyes.

"I think she's a nice person," he answered, earning multiple reactions from the boys— mostly disgust.

" you're still with that, oh god." yeonjun seems to be fed up.

taehyun grins, " yes."

" why does that girl needs tutor? Isn't she smart enough?" soobin said and everyone was quick to agree.

" heard from people that she spends her life studying only. " beomgyu giggles. " maybe that's true, I've never seen her having fun."

" that's why people never invite her to any event, she will never come." kai added.

taehyun eyebrows furrows, amused with the small information he just gained. " really?"

" hmm, guess that's why she's freaking smart." soobin replied.

" I'm wondering, " yeonjun suddenly speaks. " why did you want to be friends with her so much? do you feel challenged by her?"

" don't worry taehyun, you should be the last person to feel challenged though. you're freaking smart." beomgyu dumbly adds.

taehyun shakes his head, feeling how his friends are bunch of idiots. how did they even come to that conclusion? " it's not that, okay?"

Taehyun shrugs, " why can't I try, right? It's never hurt to try."

" this one certainly gonna hurt. y/n doesn't like having friends around, you know. " kai explained, but it doesn't seem to bother taehyun at all.

" we never know, I still want to." taehyun stubbornly said.

" fine, we warned." yeonjun huffed. 

-

the abrupt doorbell ring was what paused her from her reading. she looked up, heart beat picking its pace all of a sudden. Is that who she thinks might be? with a small sigh, she wastes no time anymore to get downstairs.

she can't confirm but she thinks she knew who's outside.

and her guess was right when the door swings open, revealing a familiar figure standing still with a wide grin plastered on his face.

y/n feels like slapping that annoying grin off his face.

" hi, y/n." taehyun seems to be happy and cheerful much to y/n's confusion. she refuses to say nor reply anything, only opening the door wider for him to come inside.

"come in," she eventually said, not sounding excited.

taehyun obeyed, nodding his head silently. he walks into the luxurious three-story bungalow of the Kim, seems to be amazed. He follows her from behind, heading toward her room while his eyes wandering the bungalow in awe. never once he knows that the Kim's family is this rich. sure, he heard the rumour saying that she's from a wealthy family but he never expects this wealthy. turns out, it wasn't even a rumour because Kim's family is definitely rich with fortune. taehyun also heard about y/n's dad owning one of the largest companies in South Korea. now everything seems to be making sense.

"where's your parents?" he asked, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

"overseas, work purpose." she simply said, not wanting to make the conversation go further. although, she wasn't lying because that's just the truth. her parents always busy overseas and that wasn't something new for y/n.

Taehyun gets the sign that y/n wasn't interested in creating any more conversation with him so he decided to stop there.

and when they arrived in front of the door, she swings it open. taehyun wasn't surprise to see how luxury the room was too. his eyes wandered around the room, catching the small details like all those study notes attached to the walls. or the way her study desk full with pieces of papers, or the way she keeps her room clean and tidy.

he decided to not wander further, he wouldn't want to look like a pervert.

taehyun offered a hand as he sees y/n struggling to move the small coffee table to the centre of the room. Luckily y/n didn't even bother to refuse the offer as she just let taehyun lifts the table by himself.

once the table is moved to it supposed place, y/n immediately takes all of her books and paperworks to the table as taehyun did the same with his thing.

and just as taehyun expected, no one's uttering a word. he badly wants to start any conversation with her but he just knows that y/n won't be interested in talking to him.

he silently let out a heavy sigh. It wasn't as easy as he thought.
" should we start now?" he pushes himself to speak first.

y/n only nods her head, not even looking. her eyes immediately glued on the book, with pen ready on her hand.

It was just as if he wasn't even there.

taehyun finds it awkward. he almost doesn't know what's the purpose of him being the. y/n seems to not being very welcoming toward him, and she looks like she won't be needing any help too.

as y/n's focusing on writing down her paperwork, taehyun takes the opportunity to stares at her features. he looks just beautiful at any angle.

and he feels like his heart's going to combust.

maybe, just maybe taehyun's staring too deep that he doesn't realize that y/n's been calling for him for the nth times.

" taehyun?" y/n snaps not too hard, just enough to bring him back to reality.

" oh- y-yes??" the boy shakes his head, getting embarrassed for getting caught staring. he's sure as hell y/s's going to hate him even more after this.

" aren't you going to start doing your works too?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I've been calling you a few times already but you look like you're zoning out. why? too busy staring at me?"

oh god, taehyun would've want to turn into ashes now.

" I-"

" you better do your works."

"yeah..okay.." he facepalmed, hint of red climbing up his cheeks. taehyun mentally cursing to himself for being such an idiot. he's not sure how to face her again after this.

" I-if you need any help, just tell me." he braves himself to speak only to receive a mocking chuckle from her.

" I don't think I need it anyway." she confidently said, eyes not leaving her books.

and let's just say it going to be a long, long, long day for both of them.