Invention gone wrong

Ninjago

"Jay slide that piece to the right, just a smidge." Nya instructed her boyfriend while still focusing on her own task. Nya was a black haired teen who wore an ocean blue pull over that was currently smudged with the soot from underneath the rusty piece of metal the two were working on. She wore a pair of short denim shorts that also lacked their usual bright blue due to the escape from tiny particles of dust blowing everywhere when Jay tried to grab the saw and ended up reaching for the leaf blower. Her bright blue eyes were fixated on the piece of metal she was currently wrenching together and she owned a gold bracelet with a red jewel in the middle that indicated her communication com.

He boyfriend that was working right beside her owned a white (now gray) shirt that was partly covered by an aesthetic blue colored sweater. His black denim jeans showed darker stains and soot, along with sweat, covered the top of his face. The two were hard at work and showed their struggle with labored breathing and constant groans from exhaustion.

"Heyyyyy lovebirds." Kai greeted his younger sister and her boyfriend in a 'cool' way. Kai strutted in with his left hand tucked inside of his pocket in a casual way. The brunette showed off skinny denim jeans that complemented his white t-shirt with the bright red sweater zipped up partly to show only a tiny bit of the white behind it. His hair was spiked into its normal fire look as his eyes remained a brilliantly beautiful amber color. 

"Hey Kai!" Jay greeted the brunette with a cheeky smile. Kai smiled and winked as a friendly greeting to his brother-in-law. "How you guys doin' on the mech?" The brunette asked while leaning on the wall with his legs crossed over each other.

Nya sighed in exhaustion while getting up with much difficulty. "Almost." She breathed out in an exhale. "Just need to finalize the finishing touches." She added with her hands on her hips and looking at the piece of metal with an unreadable expression. "You'll get it sis. I believe in you." Kai assured his sister with a kiss on the cheek before leaving the couple to their work.

Mewni

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Squealed Star as she slid down the railing of the palace stairs through a rushing pulse of excitement in her veins. Tomorrow was the day she turned 14 years old and inherited the wand of the royal butterfly family to be her own. The blonde owned a blue frilly dress with a pair of black flats loosening the blue. Her blonde hair was left alone hanging at her ankles with a good sized gold tiara sitting at the top.

"STAR BUTTERFLY!" Screamed Moon from the room beside the staircase. Not realizing what she had done, Star climbed through the gaping hole she left from sliding down the stairwell and skipped to her mother cheerfully. "Yeeeeees mother?" She asked while practically bouncing up and down. "Star, if you are going to prove tomorrow that you are of age for this," Moon pulled out her wand and shook it slightly in her hand. "Than you have to prove that you won't make another hole in the palace walls." Moon scolded while gesturing to the gap that was left from Star's sliding performance just moments ago.

"Yes Mom." Star sighed in exasperation and slumped up to her room.

Ninjago

"Jay, pliers!"

"Pliers."

"Tweezers please."

"Tweezers."

"Socket wrench."

"Socket *yawn* wrench."

"Jay?"

Nya rolled herself from under the machine and took a glance at her half asleep soon-to-be-husband who was leaning on the broom stick and barley keeping himself up on it. Nya smiled while getting up to kiss his cheek. "SOCKET WRENCH!" Jay screamed suddenly, just popping awake with a jolt and whipping his head from side to side with a banana in his hand.

"You were going to hand me a banana instead." Nya giggled as Jay looked at his hand in confusion to find a banana instead of a socket wrench in hand. "Oops. Heheh." Jay chuckled nervously while blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. "It's fine honey, we can finish tomorrow." Nya said while checking the time that popped up as 9:55 p.m.

"No. We can finish this in time." Jay said with determination that made Nya giggle. "Okay then. I'm going to go get ready for bed okay sweetie?" Nya kissed Jay's cheek once more and exited the room. The ginger haired teen sighed and took one more glance at the project before thinking,

'Maybe I can finish it myself?'

Meanwhile with the others

"OH MY —" Kai screeched and squeezed the blankets that he, Cole, and Lloyd were sharing tightly. "WHAT THE HECK?!" Lloyd added to Kai's scream and battled the brunette for the blanket while Cole just chuckled in amusement at the two. The events on the screen took place where a young made sound and was tackled down by an alien and killed before the father could save him. "WHY WOULD THEY KILL A 5 YEAR OLD IN THE FIRST, LIKE, 20 MINUTES OF A MOVIE?!" Lloyd screeched, winning the battle with Kai for the blanket.

"Y'all are such babies." Cole snickered, earning a playful face from Lloyd and a tongue from Kai.

Near like, half of the movie later . . .

OH MY — HE'S RIGHT THERE!!! AHHHH!" Cole screeched in surprise while fighting the other two for the blanket. "Who's the baby now?" Kai asked with a smirk. Cole rolled his eyes and turned back to the screen soon enough for the three of them to get anxiously nervous as the mother tried to give birth on her own with an alien thing hunting her down.

"EEEEEEEEE!" Lloyd squeaked and hid underneath a pile of pillows and blankets along with Kai's right arm. "You okay there green bean?" Kai chuckled and pulled the younger teen close into an embrace that sent fiery heat to Cole's face.

After the movie ('cause the entire time is Lloyd freaking out XD)

"Well that was great!" Kai said, stretching and yawning at the same time while Lloyd was at the corner of the couch with his arms wrapped around his legs and his chin laying on top of his knees with a petrified expression shown clearly upon his eyes. "So. Many. Aliens." Lloyd continued to mutter underneath his breath while rocking back and forth.

"Welp. I'm gonna check to see if Nya or Jay needs to be carried to bed. Anyone wanna come?" Kai asked the two while already making his way to the door. "Uh — I will Kai!" Cole volunteered whereas Lloyd just waved a hand signaling for the two to go without him.

"Jay? Sis?" Are y'all done?" Kai asked while cracking the door slightly open to reveal a proud but extremely tired Nya and a half asleep Jay who's only hope was the broomstick holding him up. "We did it!" Nya congratulated herself followed by a stifled yawn and fell into the arms of Kai. "Little miss, we need to talk about a proper sleep schedule." Kai chuckled at his little sister while picking the sleeping figure up bridal style followed by a zombified Jay who had to have been sleep walking.

"Hey Jay? I know the two of you finished your project but what is it?" Cole asked the ginger haired teen while looking the unusual creation up and down, taking in its features. "Oh, it's supposed to send us to other dimensions and portals leading to whereabouts unknown." Jay explained while nearly falling over if Cole hadn't caught him. "Let's get these two to bed." Kai whispered to Cole who nodded and followed Kai out of the room.

Teeny tiny time skip

"I'm curious what that thing does." Cole said, once the two had returned from setting Nya and Jay in bed. "Me too but we shouldn't be messing with something that Jay made." Kai reassured the raven haired teen who shrugged in response but continued to inspect the creation.

"Maybe if I just —" Cole flipped the switch but immediately regretted it as the machine began to suck items from the room into the open portal. "WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO DIRT CLOD?!" Kai scolded while hanging on to Cole for fear life as the two gripped the door to avoid falling in. "I don't know! I just flipped a switch that looked unlabeled!" Cole screamed back but instantly regretted it as the door lost hold and fell in, leaving the two to fend for themselves.

"COLE!" Kai yelled with fear evident in his eyes. "NO!" Cole yelled, trying to help his secret crush but failed as the brunette screamed, letting the portal take him in. Cole blinked back tears and knew what to do.

He jumped in after Kai.

Hehe. Do y'all recognize the movie option that Cole, Kai, and Lloyd were watching??????