Chapter 1: Birth of Evil

There are five kinds of immortal: heavenly, earthly, divine, human and demonic. There are five kinds of beast: snail, scaly, furry, feathered and insect. But what if someone told you there were different kinds of beings that could completely destroy all of these if given the chance and were just...different. Not unlike any other.

Well. There were such things. Mythical creatures that didn't fit into any of the 10 Categories of The Universe. All of them held great power, but what they used it for was what made them who they were. But that's not what matters yet, what does is what these beings are. How and why were they so magical? Not even our Buddha knows.

The first of these beings is the Intelligent Stone Monkey. He can do all kinds of transformations, knows all about the seasons of Heaven and earthly advantages, and can move the stars and their constellations about.

The second is the Red Rumped Mandril, or as she prefers to go by: Red Bottomed Horse Monkey. She knows all about the Yin and the Yang and human affairs, can go into or out of anywhere, and knows how to prolong its life and avoid death.

The third kind is the Long Armed Ape that can catch the sun or moon, shrink mountains, see what is auspicious and what is not, and fool around with heaven and earth. Hopefully, he will choose a more wise path than the one he could take.

The fourth kind is the Six Eared Macaque which has wonderful hearing and perception. It knows about the past and the future and understands all creatures. Wherever he stands he can know what is happening hundreds of miles away and hear everything that is said. He is brilliant, even during the day he was born...

On a lonely mountain, with nothing but dark clouds surrounding its snowy and shadowy area. Not the best place for a home, but the perfect place for predators to roam and rest after their last hunt. Not to mention...a lair of a demon lord.

Imps roamed the dark mountain, dragging back a new meal for their master. Multiple dead wolves, their blood melting into the white and puffy snow. "I don't see why the Master likes wolves so much." One of the imps said, rolling his eyes.

"They're pretty delicious!" The other imp argued, dragging one of the wolves' feet across his shoulder as he continued to walk through the snow. "You just wanna complain about something."

"Well, you don't want me to complain about snow!"

"Cause you complain about it EVERYDAY. Imagine if the Master ever heard you complain while on the job! He'd have your head!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." The imp said, rolling his eyes again before they both arrived at the dark cave. The complaining imp went inside first, and as the second was about to step in, there was a rumble.

"Did you hear that?" The second asked.

"Hear what?"

"I...I could've sworn I heard a rumble."

"Like thunder? Some of Heaven's deities try to mess with the Master-"

"No, no. It sounded like...cracking." The imp said before dropping the wolf and letting curiosity get the best of him, and then beginning to climb.

"Hey! Where are you going?! The Master will-"

"You go to him! I'm seeing what that sound is. It could be a human for the Master to eat! The wolves could be a light snack!" The imp argued.

"...Fine. But if he decides to eat YOU? I'm not standing up for you." The imp said simply before walking off deeper into the cave.

The second imp chuckled before climbing up further to the top of the mountain. He could hear more and more of the rumbling, and this only peaked his curiosity even further. The imp continued climbing before he FINALLY reached the top...but then he saw something very strange.