Chapter 2: Long Live The King

The macaque just began to laugh, kicking at the demon's dead body before strolling into the cave with confidence storming in along with him.

The imp shrieked and quickly sped after the macaque. "W-Wait!!! Not everyone wanted the Master dead-"

"Dead?!" Another imp cried, peeking her head out of the shadows. "What do you mean dead?!"

"The Master's dead?!" Another imp exclaimed.

"We're free!!!" Another cheered.

"Who killed him?!"

"What will the Five Demon Kings think?!" Another imp cried, terrified.

After many screaming and shouting, and a bit of cheering from the imps who hated the demon king, the macaque growled, covering his ears. But then his eyes went purple and the eye beams came out, shooting a hole into the cave.

All the imps and demons went quiet before facing the monkey. "Who...is that?"

"He's...He's the one who killed the master." The imp said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"This little monkey killed the master?" An imp said, walking over and looking over the macaque, confused.

"With the lasers he just shot, yes." The imp said with a nod.

The macaque huffed before aggressively shoving the imp aside to explore the cave. He let out 'ooh's and 'ah's all across the cave before he found a cold chair of some kind, one completely made of stone. The macaque grinned and spun around into the air, and then onto the chair.

The imps and demons gasped, watching the macaque sit on their master's throne, as if saying he was the ruler now, despite being born minutes ago. But then, all the imps froze and all ran away into the shadows of the cave.

The macaque tilted his head before turning around and seeing two rather large demons, all armored in gold and jewels. The macaque let out another 'ooh' and tapped their armor. "I want shiny!" He suddenly said. "MINE!" He demanded, standing on his throne, clearly wanting the armor.

The two demons looked at each other, wondering why there was a greedy little monkey on their master's throne. They then shrugged, and both grabbed swords, both of them half the size of the macaque's body.

They then roared and attacked the macaque, swinging at the throne, and cutting the top half into pieces. The macaque just effortlessly spun around into the air again, dodging the swing of the swords. The two demons attacked in unison, swinging their swords in a perfect sync, but they continued to miss the macaque dodging each swing.

The macaque then grinned and started climbing among the walls, and saw a branch began to grow from the dirt. He grinned even wider and grabbed it, ripping it out and then landing on the cold stone.

The demons were now even more confused, but still not speaking until the macaque hit one of them in the face with the branch, causing a mark on one of the demon's cheeks. The demon held their cheek, dropping their sword.

The macaque's eyes sparkled before he grabbed the giant sword and somehow...lifted it like it was nothing.

The other demon shrieked and quickly swung it at the macaque, but his sword was slashed out of his hands and into the macaque's. The macaque just laughed before he spun around both giant swords in his little hands.

The two demons looked at each other, trembling at this monkey before they quickly kneeled before him. "W...We serve you, young one."

The macaque cackled before stabbing both swords into the ground and then hopping onto the throne again, and sitting on it, kicking back and enjoying the relaxation.

The imps and demons quickly peeked out, all shocked that the macaque had just effortlessly defeated their master's bodyguards. Then, one of the imps began to chant.

"Long live the new king!!" The imp cried. "Long live the king!!"

The other imps and demon warriors began to cheer with him, voices all in unison as they screamed out one thing. "LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!"

The two demons knelt down on each side of the throne, and the macaque just cupped three of his ears, as if the chants of him being their new master was music to him.

Then, after the chanting ended, the macaque bounced in his seat. "Shiny!! I want the shiny jewel!"

"Are...you saying you want armor?" One of the demon bodyguards asked.

The macaque nodded rapidly, grinning wide...but they couldn't seem to decide if it was maniacal or cute.

A few of the imps ran into the armory and then came back with small suits of armor, the perfect size for their new king. The macaque's eyes sparkled with greed before he hopped out of his throne and then grabbed the black, gold, and purple one, and instantly, his tail curling up in excitement.

"We're glad you like it, my king." The imps said with a bow.

The macaque cackled before he looked at the branch he had used. He then grabbed it and shoved it into the imps' face. "Stronger!"

"You...want the branch to be stronger?" An imp asked.

The macaque shook his head and slapped the imp with the branch before he broke it with his knee. "I want a stronger one!"

"You...want a staff?"

The macaque tilted his head, curious on what that was.

"It's a stronger version of a stick, commonly used for weapons. Sometimes they can be forged of iron and given blades." An imp explained.

The macaque gasped and rapidly nodded, clearly saying he wanted that.

The imps then walked away and came back with a staff, one black and gold, with brutal spikes on each end.

The macaque grinned as he grabbed the staff, and then sat back on his throne.

"Would you also like a name, my king?" One of his new bodyguards asked. "If you don't already have one?"

The macaque just shrugged, as if saying he didn't know what a good name could be. But then he grabbed one of the demons by the neck and pulled him up to his face with his great strength. "Good name please." He said, letting go of the demon.

The demon bodyguard gulped. "Well...how about Liù Er?"

Liu Er gasped and then grinned, nodding. "Perfect!" He said with a thumbs up before he faced all of his new servants, and then sat back in his throne.

This was only the beginning.