Chapter Seven

Mesmer burst through the door of the bar just as Kurogiri and Shigaraki returned using the shadowy warp gate. They both looked surprised to see the teen as she flew through the door. Her strangely hued eyes fell on the wound on Shigaraki's shoulder as it spilled blood down his front and dripped from his fingertips.

"Where the hell did you run off to?!" Shigaraki snapped as he realized Mesmer had once again left their lair without his knowing.

Mesmer's gaze stayed transfixed on the blood gushing from his wound and she shuffled forward. Her hands extended outward, he was losing so much blood.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Shigaraki growled, able to ignore his pain in her presence.

Once she was within reach, Mesmer placed her hands over the gushing wound and watched in awe as blood began to bubble up through the cracks in her fingers. In her mind's eye she saw Shigaraki turning deathly pale, his skin taking on a bluish tinge before his body went rigid and he fell into an open grave. Her breath caught in her throat and her heart seemed to stop beating for a moment as the terrible image of Shigaraki dying flashed across her mind's eye over and over again. Desperately she pressed her hands into his wound applying more pressure.

"Mesmer?!" Shigaraki raged as she seemed to ignore his inquiries. He took one look at her face and felt his heart stutter in his chest. Her strange mauve undertone eyes were wide with frantic worry and there was a sickly sallowness to her skin. Though her eyes were much wider than usual, he knew she wasn't seeing anything.

"...stop...don't go..." Mesmer said in a small faraway voice as she frantically applied pressure to his wound.

Kurogiri stared at the girl, astonished that she had spoken in his presence and glanced over only to realize she was somewhere very far away and probably completely unaware that she had spoken in the presence of someone other than Shigaraki.

"...don't die..." Mesmer said in the tiniest of broken voices. Tears welled in her faintly glowing eyes.

Kurogiri felt a fleeting moment of terror well up inside of him as he realized Mesmer was about to lose control of her quirk. If that happened she could drive everyone within at least a few blocks to madness. Her range could be even farther than that, it wasn't as if her limits had ever been tested and he didn't want to find out.

Shigaraki sighed and knocked her hands away from his wound, "knock it off, just poke it and doodle like you usually do. I'm not dying."

The glow in Mesmer's eyes began to ebb away and she looked up at Shigaraki with clarity. A single tear slipped from her hold, "...I saw you on TV..."

"From where?!" Shigaraki growled, she had yet to answer him.

Mesmer suddenly smiled as she realized Shigaraki wasn't in any mortal danger, "guess."

"I'm not playing guessing games!" Shigaraki roared while Kurogiri went off in search of a first aid kit to tend to Shigaraki's wound.

"Nope, that's not it, two more guesses." Mesmer giggled.

"I don't care where it was, just go back there and get the hell away from me." Shigaraki snapped, losing his patience with the frustrating teen.

"Nope." Mesmer grinned before interlacing her fingers behind her back and humming an eerie tune, seeming back to her peculiar self. "One more guess."

"KUROGIRI! Get her out of here!" Shigaraki yelled.

Kurogiri returned with a first aid kit in hand and surveyed the scene before him. Mesmer had successfully gotten Shigaraki worked up.

"That's not even a place." Mesmer said softly.

"Neither were the other two guesses!" Shigaraki snapped before realizing he'd just called his responses guesses even though they hadn't been. "Don't get any idea-." He began with a groan but Mesmer cut him off with an adorable sing song giggle.