chapter 40

The hall that was booked for the wrap up party was almost the same size of the dining hall. It was apparently the party hall that could be booked for private ceremonies by paying an extra fees and was a part of the hotel itself. There was a bar setup on the left side and a buffet followed by it on the same side. A few members of the hotel staff were visible in the hall and were busy serving starters to everybody. Everybody was dressed to impress. It was as if they had put on their best to celebrate the completion of the shoot. The lighting was dim making the scene look ethereal and cozy. Shehnaaz some how liked being a part of  this event. Among both of them Sidharth was the extrovert and she was more on the introvert side. Not that she had been an introvert always , she was an extreme extrovert once but had grown towards being an introvert now , not always though. She liked socializing every once in a while and she had found a perfect partner in Sidharth for the same. He somehow knew when to drag her out of the house and ask her to socialize and when to slow down himself and spend time with just her instead of wanting to be a part of a party himself. As they entered and looked around her mind went back to the first ever party they had attended together. It was Mahi and Jay's housewarming and to her surprise both of them were invited. She had no clue Mahi knew Sidharth as well. While she herself had met her during one of her music video shoots in Punjab , Sidharth and them had a different bond she found out. It was during mid October when the party took place and both of them were still getting to know each other. Not that it felt any new somehow both of them understood each other's reactions a little too well. 

"Shehnaaz tu ready ho gayi?" Sidharth asked holding his phone in between his ear and shoulder and wearing his shoes.

"Haan almost" She said holding her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she slipped her earrings on one by one.  

"Ouch" She winced.

"kya hua? Kya kiya?" He scrunched his nose up knowing her messy self pretty well.

"Yaar baat karte karte earring pehen rahi thi chuba thoda sa , chod theek hai abhi" She explained putting her phone on speaker this time.

"Toh phone mai speaker ka option kisi bhale insaan ne banaya hai yaad hai tujhe?" He asked.

"Yaar kyu itni bakwaase maar raha hai chup chaap phone rakh aur aaja"

"Jee maate , aap ready ho jaate , hum aate" He said trying to annoy her more.

"Chee yaar Sidharth kaise dialogue bolta hai yaar , kisne actor banaya tujhe haye rabba. Kaisa dost hai tu idhar mere se ready hone nahi ban raha , pata nahi kon kon aayega , ye kya tareeka hai jao hello , hi aap kon , aree yaar ghar mai baith kar movie bhi toh dekh sakte hai na ,party kyu karte hai log? Aur tu mujhe irritate kare jaa raha hai daffa ho yaar " She said all of it in one go as he let out a chortle at her reactions.

"Chill kar yaar , thodi der ke liye jaayenge and then we will go back and itna bura bhi nahi hai yaar it will be fun you will meet new people , it is going to be fine" He said chuckling knowing what was coming next.

"It will be fine , khud toh wahan jaake busy ho jaayega , aadhi industry tere par marti hai bakwaaas kare jaa bas mujhe wahan jaate hi bhul jaayega tu" She mimicked in frustration only to realise a second later that she had let out one of her biggest insecurities , of him forgetting her in the long run.

"Koi nahi bhul raha hai tumko , samjhi? Na aaj , na kabhi aur" He said in a stern voice as his lips curved up in a small smile listening to her  rant about him forgetting her one day.

The words he said were simple but they shifted something in her and she could swear on her heart she felt him smile on the other side. And that day she felt his presence around her in a different light. As if he had done this before , known her for years.