Chapter 6

"Because of your past? " Sidharth asked

"Yeah" she looked away trying to avoid any possible eye contact.

Realizing the discomfort she was in Sidharth turned to face the sky. The colour of the sky had now turned a shade of red. The sun was drowning and was making way for the moon and stars to light up the sky. The light wind gently brushing against their bodies. The sound of the birds chirping in the background.
There was a different kind of calmness in the surroundings. 
For a moment both of them just gazed at the sky. He then took a deep breath and spoke "look Shehnaaz I barely know you . 

"Mujhe nhi pata ki tumhare life mai aisa kya hua ki tum itna darne lagi . Mujhe nhi pata if I can  help you out or not but all I know is that with me you don't have to worry about being judged."
"Who doesn't have a past? hum sabka ek past hota hai kuch ka shayad acchaa aur kuch ka bura but that doesn't mean that we live a life where we are scared of our past. Right?"

She looked at him and gently nodded her head.

"Toh aapko sach mai koi problem nhi hai?" She asked with a confused and relieved expression at the same time.

"Problem? Kis cheez se problem? That you faced something in your past life? Mujhe iss baat se kyu problem hogi?"

"Nhi matlab usually logon ko hoti hai"

"Well lets just say I know how the industry works" Sidharth smiled

"Woh toh hai, itne saal jo ho gaye hai aapko yahaan" Shehnaaz said
" Phir can I ask you something?"
"Hmm"
"Aapko kaise pata mere baare mai?"
"Well I did my research" Sidharth smirked

"Huhh"?
"I meant"
And just as Sidharth was about to continue Shehnaaz's phone rang. She excused herself from Sidharth and went away in another corner of the balcony to attend the phone call.

"Oye shehnaaz kaisi hai? You reached safely right?"
"I am so sorry yaar, mujhe pata hai I'm late in calling aur tere messages ka bhi reply nhi kiya yaar, busy tha sach mai"

"youre not angry right?"

"Okay atleast say something, ye silent treatment mat de yaar" Aryaman said all of this in one go.

"Aree ek min , kuch bolne dega toh bolungi na?" Shehnaaz laughed 

"Tabse bole jaa rha hai, chup hi nhi ho raha, toh mai bolu kaise?"

"Tu itni cool kaise hai? aaj nhi bolengi, kya yaar Aryaman tujhe toh pharak hi nhi padta" he laughed on the call

"Achaa mai aise kab bolti hu?" 

" H-A-M-E-S-H-A" he told her

"oye jaa oye faaltu ka credit lelo har cheez ka" she said sarcastically

"Aur nhi toh kya" and they both laughed

Both of them knew each other for more then two years now. They met , spent some time together and became the best of friends. They stood by each other in the toughest of times. And now they had decided that they want to spend the rest of their lives with each other. For the world they were madly in love with each other but only they knew that they were still figuring out the love part.  

But today Aryaman saw a spark, for him Shehnaaz was smiling and laughing and was not insecure of anything after a very long time. His heart beat a little faster at the thought of genuinely falling for Shehnaaz. His face turned a light shade of red.

"Aryaman ,are you still there?" Shehnaaz asked 

" Uhh, haan, wo kuch kaam aa gaya toh abhi thodi der mai call karta tu" 

" Haan okay. Bye"

"Bye"

Little did he know that all the changes he saw in her today were beacuse of someone else. Just one converation with that someone else and he made her re-think about her perception of the world.

Meanwhile Sidharth had returned to the office and ordered for two cups of tea. It had started to rain heavily once again and he knew that they will be stuck in the office for a little longer. 

Shehnaaz ended her call and returned to the office only to see Sidharth waiting for her with 2 cups of tea and some snacks on the table.

She settled herself right next to Sidharth on the blue coloured sofa. 

"It's raining outside, I don't think it will be a nice idea to leave right now. So up for a tea?"

"Yeah sure. Vaise bhi bohot bhookh lag rahi hai"

"kuch aur order karna chahti ho with the tea toh kar sakti ho" Sidharth said pointing towards the menu card placed on the table in front of them. 

"Toh tum Mumbai kab shift huyi?" Sidharth asked her as they both took a sip of the hot tea with the vada pav waiting for them. 

"Abhi do din pehle"

" Settle ho gayi? Matlab  ghar wagera sab kaise kar rahi ho manage?"

" Ghar ka sab kuch sorted toh hai lekin abhi pura interior karna hai. Samajh hi nhi aa raha start kahan se karu"

" Uhh.. if you don't mind I can help you out . Matlab professional toh nhi hu lekin I have done a course in interior designing, toh i can help if you want."

" Wow! aapne interior designing mai course kiya hai ? Kya baat hai ! Ab toh agar mujhe help chahiye hogi mai sabse pehle aapko hi bata dungi " Shehnaaz told him 

" jii bilkul" Sidharth smiled

The weather was now much better outside and they both decided to head home before it starts to rain again. 

As she was just about to enter her car she heard Sidharth call out from behind

" Aree ek cheez confirm karni toh reh gayi?"

"Kya"

"Once again friends MS. Shehnaaz?" Sidharth asked her  as he put his hand forward for a handshake.

" Oh that , uhh let me think" Shehnaaz acted while Sidharth frowned

"Of-course Mr. Shukla" she laughed while shaking hands with him

" Also it's Sana for you" 

"oh is it now ?"  Sidharth said 

and they both ended up laughing.

"I knew I was falling for you , the moment our eyes met"

Author's Note:
Hello all!
Finally the update is here after almost a month. I am really sorry for the delay. But also really thankful to you all for waiting so patiently for the update.

Don't forget to press the star icon below and also do comment if you like the chapter.

Much Love,
Archi