//3

//3
The first day of summer couldn't have gone any worse. Waking up in the most uncomfortable position an with the smell of pancakes in the air Nana still felt the veil of sleepiness in her mind as she moved to the counter where Alyssa served pancakes.

"Good morning my lovely love bird" chirped Alyssa as she served Nana some bacon and eggs, serving herself some cereal.

"I feel shitty. My lovely piece of disposable waste" replied Nana feeling grouchy considering the night before.
"That's not how you say good morning, but regardless of your rude ways. . . Johnny" Alyssa said trailing off.
"No."
"Yes" Alyssa said in her mom voice Nana had known all too well.

"We saw each other, we danced and he didn't recognize me, and now I feel like some shit." Nana replied monotonously. Alyssa looked at her with sympathy and dropped the subject. Everyone knew that they were best friends and when he just up and left it really did affect her, even if she didn't want to admit it.

"Well I need to get going, I'm going to have lunch with the sisters and the invitations extended to you if you want to come."

"Thanks babe but you know Sundays are for me and my mom, she's finally back from Japan on a visit, I'm trying to get as much time with her before she's stationed anywhere else." Alyssa said with a wink before going into the closet by the bed to go through the closet and see what she could wear. Deciding that a loose black dress and sandals looks good Alyssa changes into the clothes before Nana could make a comment on it, as she has always done before.

Cynthia is Alyssa's mom and she's in the U.S. Navy, being in the Navy has never brought up a problem between them since they're as close as ever.

"Well that's cool tell her I said hi and if she can get me a body pillow with an anime girl on it" Nana says with a wink towards Alyssa, who looks shocked at the idea of having her mother buying a perverted body pillow for her BFF.
Laughing Nana gets ready putting on clothes that will good, day and night. Wearing a lacy crop top and ripped white jeans paired with some pointed toe heels Nana looks in the mirror satisfied

"Ugh Nana you know I love you and all but damn girl can you keep some clothes on when you're around me like, shawty I know I'm hot but no need to throw yourself at me!" Alyssa says laughing, ducking from the pillow going her way.

"Baby you wish you could have this." Nana says laughing as she makes her way out the door.
"Aye imma be back around 3 hit me up if you trying to go somewhere later though, love you" Nana yells locking the door.

"Bye love you too, tell them I said hi!" Alyssa yells through the door.

Walking towards the metro station Nana gets a text from the group chat that her and her sisters Mona and Rebeca are in with each other, saying they won't be able to make it since they both just called into work. Already on the platform in Georgetown on her way to Chinatown in D.C. Nana continues on, replying 'ugh you guys are losers but whatever, don't fake next time lol' soon after the ding of her phone alerts Nana that her sisters both replied saying 'ayooo who are you to talk??' Nana laughing silently stepping into the train that goes to Chinatown replies quickly before losing service since it is underground says 'that was once and you guys were boo-lovin with your bfs an shittttttt ://// can you blame me??'

Walking around Chinatown and after buying a few outfits Nana heads over to a bar she knows a close friend of hers works. Walking into the bar she is greeted with a bright smile on a mans face while he adjusts his man-bun. The man has squared glasses that suit his face, almond shaped eyes that sparkle with humor and seriousness. He is nonetheless handsome in a family man type of way however.

"Waldoooo! I've missed you baby boy" Nana says with happiness that was taken away from her after her brief encounter with Johnny.

"Nana you know that the only reason you haven't seen me yet is cause you want to avoid 'you-know-who' who by the way isn't even in Maryland anymore" Waldo says with a hint of sadness, knowing that if it wasn't for his brother Nana and him would still be close.

"Well I was going to stay here for a while regardless, but if you want me to go... I'll just steal all the liquor here and have you take the fall." Nana says teasingly with a wink. Laughing together they sit down at the bar. Waldo and Nana both turn their heads at the ring of the door opening, only to be surprised at the sight of a person they recognize but don't remember.