//4

Vincet//

Walking into the bar I scan the area to see if I happen to know anyone. As soon as I recognize the dark haired green eyed beauty as Nana sitting across a man at the bar, I know I shouldn't be there.

But I can't just leave. This is the girl who stole my heart without ever really knowing me. Might as well take the chance to talk to her now since I don't have the highschool drama to deal with anymore. Walking to the bar with as much confidence I can muster on the spot I greet her as calmly as I can while having a heart attack on the inside.

"Hey can I get you a drink?" I ask hopefully.
"Sure, can I get your number in exchange?" Nana replies with a flirtatious smile. Even though we went to highschool together, this is most likely the longest conversation we've had. The man sitting across from her at the bar eyes Nana warily, as if this is something he's not used to.

I give her my number though.

Who wouldn't? She's gorgeous for one also she doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in fact the nerd that let her copy off my notes in Geometry her freshman year. I'm sure as hell not gonna tell her that.

"So what's your name man?" Asks the man across from Nana.
"Vincent. Vincent Flores. I work in the office two blocks down by the Hooters."

"Vincent I would like to introduce myself and the young woman who was drooling over you as Nana. I'm Waldo, and nice to meet."

Grinning Nana playfully swats at Waldo.
"I was not drooling. It's called careful observation." Nana replies with frown.

"So Vincent what are you doing in a bar, in the middle of the day, two blocks from Hooters, where you could be?" Asks Nana with a grin.

I have no idea to respond to that. How do you tell a stranger-but-not-really-a-stranger you just got dumped so you wanted a drink.

Regardless I tell them. They don't remember me, I doubt they'll ever see me again.

"Just got dumped. Through a text. After she told me I was boring and I wasn't exciting enough." I say with sadness. Although I hadn't been expecting something out of my relationship with Keri, I was happy with her, I am hurt that she said this to me but it was our time to part ways. What could I do about it.

"Damnnnnnnnnn" both Nana and Waldo say in unison.

"That sucks cause you seem like fun to be honest. You should totally come to a party with me tonight. Only if you're okay with it, I mean if you're not I totally understand...." Nana said blabbing. Seems like she did that when she was nervous.

I liked that I made her nervous.

"Hey! You didn't tell me about a party! Am I invited too? "Asked Waldo meanwhile batting his eyelashes in a feminine way.

I laugh at the playful banter.

"Of course you are Waldo dearest" Said Nana in a tight voice. Showing him a strained smile. The sound of a text alert goes off. We all look to our phones and it's not me.
It's not Waldo.
It's Nana. And she does not look happy.

"Waldo tell your shitty brother to back the fuck off before I castrate him. Vincent text me later and nice to meet you. Sucks about your girlfriend." Nana says unexpectedly. As she moves to leave she hugs Waldo and she seems conflicted as to whether to hug me or not.

I decide to make the first move.
I hug her back and I feel her black lace shirt under my palm.
I whisper in her ear, "I hope I'll get to see you tonight at that party."
She blushes. I hold myself back from just asking her out then and there.
And she leaves.