Angry Joe

Ryder's POV
I arrived to work early and completed most of the day's work by noon. Judging by Joe's schedule today he's pretty busy, which means no awkward run ins or angry glares from him. Once the work is finished I decided to reply to some emails. Joe is going to talk about rebuilding the economy to in the rose garden at 1:30. It is currently 12:45 so there's some time to kill.

Meeting Jill yesterday was very unexpected. I knew that I'd see her around the White House because she's obviously the First Lady. I just didn't think I'd meet her this soon.
Around 1:25 I head to the rose garden to hear Joe's economic plans for the country. I chose a seat in the very back of the room. Just as I sat down reporters start to pile in.

Joe is introduced before he steps up to the podium. He greets everyone with a 'hello' and starts to talk about his plans. As he is talking I am working on things for tomorrow. I look up from the paperwork to his eyes staring directly at me. It almost felt like we were the only two people in the garden. After a brief moment he continues talking and I go back to work.

Once the speech is over I decided to excuse myself before anyone else could leave. Not even bothering to look Joe's way before exiting the room. I head back to the office and just as I walk in the office phone rings.

Hello. I answer.
Ryder come to the oval NOW! Joe says through the phone angrily.
I hang up the phone and leave the room to go the oval.
I enter the office. Close the door and lock it. Joe says.
I do as I am told and once I am done  Joe looks at me with an angry look his face.

Why'd you leave the rose garden so quickly after the speech was over? He says pouring a glass of scotch

Why'd you leave the rose garden so quickly after the speech was over? He says pouring a glass of scotch.(Yes, I aware that Joe doesn't drink this is purely fiction) Are you still avoiding me?
Joe you're married you have a family. I can't do this with you. We aren't going to last like you think we are. This is just something that shouldn't have happened and it has gone on long enough. I tell him trying not to get emotional. I left the rose garden because yes I am still avoiding you. How am I supposed to work here and see you every day without getting jealous or even being caught having sex with you by your wife. A secret service agent has already caught us once.

He walks up to me and grabs my face with both of his hands.
We can make this work. I love you Ryder. No one and I mean no one will know about this.
I grab his hands and pull them down to his side.
I have to go. I tell him. I turn to open the door but he stops me.
One minute. He says.
Stay here with me for one minute. I'm not the president you're not the secretary's intern. We're just regular people.

We stand and stare into each other's eyes for one minute.
Joe kisses my forehead before I leave the office.

Once I am on the outside of the door standing in the hallway I realize that I'm in love with him and there's no turning back.