Sweet gestures from Joe

Ryder's POV
This weekend with Joe at camp David was amazing. Now it's time to get back to work.
Walking into the building I head straight for the office. When I enter Jessica is sitting at the desk and there's a huge bouquet of purple roses.

 When I enter Jessica is sitting at the desk and there's a huge bouquet of purple roses

These are for you. She tells me.
I grab the bouquet and look for a card or something to see who sent the flowers.
'Have a great day sweetheart. I'll be busy all day and won't be able to see you today. Love Joe.
I smile and put the card in the pocket of my jacket.
What happened to being careful so that no one found out? This man is dangerous.

Throughout the day Joe would constantly do little small things like having an agent bring chocolates to the office.
I couldn't see him due to his busy schedule. I wanted to go thank him.

Finishing the day's work I pack to go home.
Once I am home I received a call from my friend Vanessa.

V- Are you home?
R- just got here, why
V- Turn on the tv. Turn on the news
R- ok. I said confused

I turn on the tv and turn to the news channel

Reporter; Does President Biden have a mistress? The president was seen over the weekend at camp David with a mystery woman.
I hang up and turn off the tv.
I call Joe. He doesn't answer right away.
He calls an hour and a half later.
J- hey babe, I just saw the news.
R- what are we gonna do now?
J- I'll handle it don't worry
R- I have to leave my house before these reporters find out where I live.
J- I'm gonna send some agents to come get you.
R- And take me where Joe? I can't stay at  the White House your wife's there.
J- if reporters know Jill knows. Babe just come to the White House
R- ok
I hang up and go to my bedroom to pack my things. Just as I finish packing there's a knock at my door.
Ms. James  I'm agent Henry Ballard this is agent Jackson Sloan, we've been sent to bring you to the White House by the wishes of the president.
Jackson takes my bags as Henry shuts the door and helps me to the car.
Damn it the secret's out.