Chap-3(Misunderstood)

Sanem's POV

Who am I to you?

You are the peanut to my butter
Twinkle in my eye bacon to my eggs
Blue in my sky you are the sprinkles on my sundae
The flip to my flop
The ketchup to my fries
You are the beat of my heart.

'In short, life was okay even without you, but it's better with you, 'Saying I turned at mom smiling at her as she gave me her adoring look.

Then I updated my status:feeling happy with Sarika and Osman.

The walls of my washroom, my pillow, my diary, and those dark circles smirked from side.

Today was Jan Sir's birthday. His popular bully batch was hosting a big party for him. How pretentious they could be before me making me the criminal. Whereas I had seen them tearing his register, applying glue on the chair, making dirty posters about him, fake WhatsApp chats and all blame was thrown on me. And he would believe them. Then punish me. I never protested because he would never listen to my words. Like I was the declared criminal and he had to punish me no reason.

And it pained...........

Yes it pained. Because I loved him. The very first day I saw him I was in love with him. Yes I loved him from the very first look. The way he walked, the way talked, the way he arched his brows and write those large sums on the boards. The way his face looked when stressed out too much or the way he looked when angry on me. No matter what he told me or thought about me I was going to propose him today in his birthday. I grabbed a beautiful red dress and dressed up in it. Samima Aunty smiled creepily at me poking mom. I sighed and said, 'I wear this because I love to. It isn't a cheeky reminder that I am a grown woman, ready to get married.'

Samima aunty looked quick offended and mom gave me those stern looks indicating me to behave myself. After all according to her Samima Aunty was the only one who had many well educated grooms upto her sleeves.

But I would marry..... Only my Jan.

When I reached college people welcomed me with strange looks. Some even laughed at me. But I was going to propose Jan no matter what. I was ready to face the world to face him.

Sarika was really happy to see me in Saree.

'Anything special? '

'Wait and see. '

Jan entered and everyone bounced at him with cake, scrubbing it all over his face wishing him a birthday. He received all of them warmly with a smile. At the end when their celebration was over, they left. Now it was only Jan, Me and Sari. I went upto him. His eyes turning at me then Sarika, 'You people aren't gone now? Usually you run out without sparing a second. '

'Sir..... I mean... I want to say you something. '

'Yes.... You are always telling something Sanem. If I can bear that much, why can't I now? '

'Likewise... Can you bear me lifetime? '
'What do you mean? '
He looked at me.

'I love you.... Jan. I really love you.

Silence. Sarika gasped at me and his eyes intensified at me.

'Are you serious? '

'Yes. I am serious and I love you from a long time. I couldn't get you out of my mind.'

Suddenly Jan started laughing out, 'You love me? You love Jan Divit? '

'Yes...... I do. '

'Sanem Aydin........ Loving you will be the biggest mistake of me and also for that boy who will love you. What do you think? I don't know anything about you? You are a cheap girl who is annoying as hell and good for nothing. I will prefer to die than love you? Goodness....... You know how much I hate you? I feel suffocated at your presence. You don't deserve to be here. I have the enough power to kick you out of the college but out of pity I don't. You are already a spoilsport and now you are after my sister trying to brainwash her. Everyone is complaining about you everytime but still you don't get it. Disgusting.......... '