Chapter 28

Ye You’s consciousness drifted in and out, from waking to sleeping, aimlessly floating for a while before sinking into a deep sleep.

He felt as if he was walking alone down a pitch-black road lined with thorns, not knowing where he had come from and where he was going, but since there was a road under his feet, the only thing he could do was vacantly continue to walk forward.

After a very long time, he suddenly saw a beam of light.

Immediately following, he heard the sound of laughter.

Pampered, indulgent, lively, satisfied… Many people’s voices were gathered together. Like a cup of warm tea on a cold winter’s night, with one sip, the warmth spreads throughout the body, softly and gently embracing the spirit.

He also wanted to laugh, but the moment he lifted his head, he saw that the sky was blood-red, and those sounds abruptly changed in tone, like the mountains were screaming and the waves were roaring[1], engulfing everything, so desperate as to make people not dare to listen carefully. He futilely stretched out his hand, only to be grabbed resolutely by another.

“Ah-You, run!”

He was pushed out of a hole, and behind him, that woman’s voice had shouted itself hoarse. Confused, for a moment, all he could do was listen to that blood-curdling cry smashing against his eardrums.

“Continue running, don’t turn back! Go to Heji Mountain and find Elder Yu. He loves those who are skilled, so he’ll definitely shelter you. Remember, don’t tell anyone your name! Remember what we talked about before! Ah-You, you have to live on! Live on!”

“Live on—-!”

Within the cold and gloomy winter night, Ye You wildly rushed forward, falling and staggering as he went, and hot tears bubbled forth from his eyes, out of his control. But before the heat from them even dissipated, bouts of cold wind had already frozen his face.

The night was pitch-black. The only source of light behind him had already fallen to a sea of flames.

In the middle of the night, Wenren Heng suddenly opened his eyes. Lifting his hand, he felt around and found a hand full of cold sweat.

He hastily sat up and looked at the person beside him in the faint candlelight, only to see his Junior Brother’s brows knitted together, sweat dripping from the other’s forehead, breathing also more labored than usual. He patted his Junior Brother’s face. “Ah-Xiao? Ah-Xiao? Wake up.”

The Young Miracle Doctor heard the noise and, from the newly set-up small bed, ran over. “What’s happened to him?”

Wenren Heng indicated for the doctor to light the lantern beside the bed and tried once again to wake his Junior Brother, but no matter what he did, he couldn’t get the other’s eyes to open. The Young Miracle Doctor moved over to try as well but also couldn’t do it. Seeing him shake his head, Wenren Heng asked, “What is it?”

“He’s most likely having a nightmare,” the Young Miracle Doctor said, “His body is still very weak and disoriented, so he can’t be woken… Ah, the Concentration Dew you gave me before could be useful!”

He dug out the small porcelain bottle and handed it over to Wenren Heng, indicating that the other should just directly feed the patient. Seeing the other holding and feeding Sir Xiao a mouthful, he said, “If it still can’t be done, we can only leave it like this.”