preview for Shadows book

Dear world,

My name is Ivy Lillian, the name given to me by my siblings and eve.

The small female struggled to keep up with the albino male in front of her, for every several steps she took, the male keeping his pace always one or two steps ahead. In any other circumstance this would have been fine if it wasn't for the white chain and collar being yanked without the male noticing her chirps of pain. It was a dangerous state to be in, she admired it, yes, but any interference with the stubborn man would prove lethal to any human in his path.

I had an eve who was nice to me. Mind his short temper, but he was kind on good days; which were most days. My first eve.

"The boy had one job, one simple job to follow. I gave him clear instructions. I gave him a clear route. Now tell me this love, How in the bloody hell does he end up in Werewolf territory?"

I struggled to keep up with him that day, through the twists and turns of the hallways, from passageway to passageway. He always knew where to go, the colored markings on the walls and rugs helped him, my colorless world left me to be at his heels if I had any hope of getting around the large castle.

I suffer from a sickness no one can name yet. I have only been able to see black and white since I was a little kid. No cure, but that does not stop me from helping when I can. I suppose though, it is still much better then no sight at all.

I scurried forward fluttering my wings just enough to grab the papers falling from his grasp, the loose papers may mean nothing to an outsider but to the few who were close. Close enough to know the female personally beyond 'servamp' title would know the ciphers, languages and notes littering the surface could unravel many sides of the world beyond human existence.

He was fun to train, he took in all of the information without any trouble. He was smart and skilled. He worked well with all sides... all sides but the Demons of course. No one gets along with them.

I sighed, finally making it to the bottom floor.

"You are stressing yourself out over little to nothing. He took the woods path. It's not like the tribe there bothers humans much. Swear it on my wings darling."

Before we start with the details, I should mention. My name is Ivy LILLIAN. Like the ancient demon lovingly named Nana Lillian, my mother. True to the Title, the Queen of fire and the death of many a empire. My wings flop behind me but aid in faster flying. At least they were meant to be, if they had not been limp and uncared for since birth. The large black and gold feathers had become a staple to the kingdom my family ruled, the Eldest Shiro had discovered a way to melt the feathers into a weapon. Sometimes in a rare moment the weapon will lit on fire. The dead feathers being the only ones used, the power more potent the fresher the feathers.

"But You never know as you taught me yourself. Werewolves can be dangerous and unpredictable." he smirked, moving the papers into a satchel removing the strays from my open hand.

"This sounds like an excuse to run away from the documents you are meant to be signing Quin."

I had heard about them before. The older family of vampires, rather than blending into the world they lived in, they took on forms of power and strength. Creatures humans would now only call myths. Nana has been dead for a few centuries, by the point of the letter and by today's standing, the revival of the demon was a nasty clean up job. It was surprising to see the beginning of the happy loyal sin, the protector and hero. The only stories left behind now are of the crazed sin, who had lost her mind and became power hungry. I should change my prior statement, although she was small, the size of a runt she was the eldest of her siblings. Venus had taken the form of a phoenix, her wings color being a mask from the bright feathers when her rage set in.

((still in the works don't worry but It'll get posted.... eventually))