8.0

TW: sexual assault of a minor

~~~~~~~~~

| Milan |

I hadn't heard from Valencio in ages now and I kept checking my phone to see if he had texted me. He did tell me that he was going to be busy but he said he would talk to me again the next morning at the latest and it was already afternoon.

"Seeing if your man's texted you?" asked Diya sat opposite me. I had met my friends today for lunch together at a little book cafe. It was basically a bookstore and a cafe in one so all the walls surrounding us was covered in different books that were for sale and then there were tables throughout the room and leading outside where you could sit and order a drink and some food. I went for a cheese and ham bagel as I wanted something savoury after having just a dessert, the waffle, for dinner last night.

"I didn't know you had a man Milan," Eden's boyfriend Jakob said. Both of Eden's partners had joined us today which was nice because I liked both of them and they were quite respectful about my profession. Jakob had icy blue eyes and blonde hair which he wore long with the front bits tied back in a small ponytail. He was very tall at 6'2", taller than Valencio even whom I suspected to be 6'0" or maybe an inch taller than that. Overall, Jakob looked like, well a Viking, but in modern day clothes with his navy tight v-neck t-shirt which clung to his abs and dark jeans. He was quite the gym enthusiast, and you could see it clearly in his defined muscles, but he was a lot nicer than he seemed at first glance.

Then there was Mila. Eden's girlfriend sat on the other side of Jakob who had both his arms around his two girls. Mila was small and cute at 5'3" and Jakob and Eden both adored her. She had sweet brown eyes and brown hair to match which had natural subtle waves flowing through them which landed at the small of her back. She was adorable and always a pleasure to be around.

"Yeah, I'm kind of seeing someone now, I guess," I replied to Jakob with barely an explanation of my current relationship status.

"Come on, you've gotta tell me more than that!" Jakob replied.

"Ooooh you guys are gonna love this story!" Eden exclaimed snuggling in closer to Jakob's side. Then Elias and Diya and Eden, all the people that weren't there, told Jakob and Mila a very exaggerated account of events regarding mine and Valencio's meeting and how he was giving me money. I had to correct them on almost every sentence because at this point, they were just weaving their own story.

Just then my phone went off and I answered right away, without even checking the caller ID, assuming it would be Valencio. But when the voice on the other end of the line answered me, I found out quite quickly that it was in fact not Valencio but my regular customer Victoria who I had escorted the night I met Valencio at his sister's gala. I excused myself from the table I shared with my friends and headed straight outside to talk to Victoria in private.

"Sorry about that," I said to Victoria. "Just had to excuse myself from some friends."

"That's quite alright," she replied. "Anyway, you must know why I called. I was hoping you would be free next Saturday for an event?"

"I..."

I didn't know what I should say. Valencio had told me not to see anyone like this, I mean that's that he was paying me for, but me and Victoria never had sex. I could play it off as us just being friends if he ever found out but then he had seen her when we first met and he would recognise her again if he ever saw her. Then again, it's not like he would find out. Who was going to tell him? I could go with Victoria to this event and get some money off her too and Valencio Osiris would never have to know. I honestly thought about this, about going behind his back. But it didn't feel right. He was paying me a shit load of money and I didn't feel comfortable disrespecting him and doing something that felt like betrayal.