24.5

| Valencio |

"Does it hurt?" my boyfriend asked as he lay next to me on the king size bed. My boyfriend had been snuggled up next to my side for the better part of an hour and we had been talking about the painting he did of Minnow for my office. He told me it was pretty much done and then I asked him how he did it because I was genuinely curious.

Art was such a fantastic experience for me. Collecting paintings and sculptures, interpreting the creator's meanings behind their work, the process of creating itself. I had never been gifted with the talent or the time to get into art myself but there was never a moment where I didn't appreciate it.

I had just been telling Milan how my father took me to the Van Gogh Museum in the Netherlands when I was 15 and since then I had vowed to become a collector by any means necessary. I knew a lot of people thought paying ungodly amounts for a painting was stupid and pretentious but for me, it was a hobby that brought me joy and to find a boyfriend who was an artist himself...well that was just the cherry on top.

"Of course it hurts, I was shot remember," I chuckled at his silly question. It only made him pout though.

"Don't be mean to me," Milan said cutely as he rested his head on the side of my chest which wasn't hurt. "It must have been scary though."

"To be honest no. I wasn't expecting it, it all just happened so quickly that I didn't have time to react other than shooting him back. Anyway, I've been shot at before though I've only been hit once though the bullet just grazed me. Of course, Fabio had to be the only other person to ever get a hit on me." I was still frustrated by the event. I was annoyed that I didn't get to give him the pain I had wanted and annoyed that he was now going to give me a lasting scar to remind me of the absolute joke of a shoot down. I think deep down maybe I was just embarrassed after how much I thought about destroying him only for things to end the way it did.

"You've been shot before? Where? I've never noticed any scars?" Milan asked confused.

"The top of my bicep. It's covered by the tattoo so you can't see it that well and it's years old now. I was only 20 when it happened. It's had seven years to heal up some more."

"Woah. Yeah, there is a scar there, I really never noticed," my baby said in awe as he inspected my arm which had been wrapped around him a moment ago. "I'm going to make it my mission to learn every inch of you."

"Oh yeah?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," he whispered back before leaning in and giving me a kiss on the nose. He was cute when he did that. He was cute when he did anything though. "So, what's with the dragon tattoo?"

"You don't like it?" I asked pouting myself now teasingly.

"No, I love it. I think it's hot. Like very very very hot, but does it have a meaning as well? That would make it hotter you know."

"It kind of has a meaning," I replied smiling. I was glad that he liked it. "I suppose you'll learn a little more about my family now. I'm sure you've heard some things about the Osirises. When my father was bringing the family name up in the world he got involved in some shady, not very legal, shit and built an empire out of the little money he had to spare when he left home. He came from nothing and his family were horrible and he decided to make a name for himself. He actually wasn't even previously called 'Osiris' but he changed it when he got a bit older deciding to start his own lineage and forget about his past.

"And, well, I guess you could say my family is a sort of a Mafia. Back in his day that kind of stuff was taken very seriously with symbolisms and morals and presentation integral to running something like this. Most of the other gangs or mafias or you know whatever you wanna call it, they all had some sort of animal to represent them, and my father chose the dragon."

"So...does that make you like a mafia boss then?" my little one asked. He seemed more curious than scared or put off which was a huge relief.

"I suppose but most of what I run are legit businesses now. But there are still some things that I could get in trouble for...well only if I didn't have the best lawyers and a tonne of money to buy people out," I explained.

"You're very naughty Mr Osiris," he said. It was pretty fucking hot when he called me that and I was annoyed that I was injured, or I would have been ravaging him already. "What kind of not so legal things are you running exactly?"

"It's mainly just drug farms. Weed mostly and a couple for ketamine. Nothing too hard hitting. Most of the weed especially in London come from my suppliers. There are some other things as well. I have a group of what I guess you could call bounty hunters. A few groups actually. Sometimes they're out finding people for me but if they can also be hired out by others for a large sum. I have many gambling casinos as well most of which are completely legit and then a couple that house brothels."

"Brothels?! They better be being treated well. I swear if they're being hurt or forced into doing it or something I-"

"Woah, calm down. They're absolutely fine. I have Pietro managing them as they're both in the city and everyone is vetted and constantly checked. The workers are all consenting and paid a huge salary. I told you about my mother and I told you I respect what you do as well, so please don't think that I would be letting any sort of sex work go on beneath me without it being properly handled. I promise." I trusted Pietro to take care of things properly and often checked in on things myself as it was very important to me that everyone in that line of work under me was safe and happy and willing.

"Okay, I'm trusting you. Don't let me down," Milan said with a look in his eyes that I couldn't decipher.

"Hey, I promise."

"Okay," he whispered. "I'm trusting Pietro too, he better not let me down again."

"He won't. If he does, I get to punch him in the face," and then when Milan looked at me funny, I explained how Pietro and I had a rule where if we got thoroughly mad at each other we would take it out with a swing at each other's faces. We'd managed to go quite a while without doing it now but when we were still in our late teens and early twenties, it was a pretty common sight to see at least one of us with a black eye.

"Of course, that's what you two do to relieve tension," my little lamb chuckled. "How did you guys become friends anyway?"

I sighed. I was hoping he wouldn't ask that, but he had, and I didn't want to lie. "Well, we became friends in school. He hated me at first because when I joined all the girls loved me including his crush at the time but uhh...well obviously I'm gay so I wasn't interested in the girls and umm he cornered me once and we almost fought but umm I kissed him instead coz I liked him at the time..."

"Wait, what? You liked Pietro?" Milan asked confused. "I thought you two were just friends..." he said pulling away from me, but I pulled him back with my arm.

"Hey, we are. He's straight and he made that very clear to me back then. And when he realised that I had no interest in any of the girls, especially his crush, we ended up becoming friends and look any feelings I had for him disappeared over a decade ago. There's nothing there so I don't want you to worry about that okay." I hoped to God he would believe that what I said was true because it was.

"Okay..." Milan said as he laid back down on my chest. "Okay."

"Like I said. I love you... There's no one else," I said definitively.

"I...okay. Umm, I like you a lot..."

I chuckled. I was quite content with that for now and quite content with Milan being back in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~

I've actually mapped out sort of how I want to end this book and around what chapter it will end as well which is kind of sad but at the same time quite relieving for me in a way. Don't worry though I already have a vague idea of another story I might want to work on and will probably release it after this book is done. It's gonna be a vampire bxb book so keep an eye out 👀

Vote and Comment

🤍💜🤍