Chapter 8

"What is he doing there? Aren't second rank disciples excluded from the event?", Yu Xi frowns, why is this fatty down here? Did he not know that such an activity will require high combat ability? Is he not afraid of being eaten alive by demons? As two wonders, they did not approach the poor guy, least they exposed themselves. Sui Yan cried internally, he wish for his fellow brother's to come save him, but he was sure that those two are now obediently sleeping up in the mountain.

The other first rank could only lit a candle for him, for a lower class disciple who hasn't even learned a proper technique, how will he even fend for his self? Normally the second ranks were excluded from joining, since most of them lack the ability to hunt demons, going with them is tentative to digging one's own grave. Unfortunately for him, it seems that someone is hell bent on digging a pit for him, dragging the poor guy into such a dangerous activity.

It all comes back to the thief's mischief awhile ago. Because of elder Yao's unreasonable justification, he had lock on the poor head of second rank disciples, making him the prime suspect of Ming Hui's assault. Despite the lack of evidence, the elder continued to insist of his theory, according to him, only someone with a commoners background could do such a thing, so they have to capture him. Of course the peak master refuse, they have no right to lock up an innocent person only based on someone else's prejudice.

As such, Sui Yan was monitored by the elder, some of the elder's student went out to bother him. Mixing on the crowd of pest was the Peak's small beauty Xinran, a first rank disciple who idolize Ming Hui. Unable to take the grievance that her poor shidi had taken, the beauty gathered her followers to beat up the poor Sui Yan. Far from everyone's imagination, Sui Yan wasn't beaten up at all! The beauty ask for a duel, she wanted to teach this thief how to behave properly. A first rank disciple had unexpectedly challenge a lower rank one, everyone expected Sui Yan to lose face, but in end, it was the other way around! To their surprise, the airheaded man could actually fight back, beating up the beauty. He even used underhanded tricks to further humiliate Xinran!

Enraged, her admirers band together to capture him. Since the night hunt is near, the admirers secretly cook up a plan to get back at Sui Yan, while avoiding the eyes of the peak master. Their leader Yang Yue, a direct disciple of elder Yao headed the plan, so the poor Sui Yan was drag without his consent. If something happens to him, not even the peak master can say anything, since the night hunt is a dangerous activity.

"Brother Yu Xi, are we going to save him?",Shu asked, eating tanghulu leisurely. "Not now. Even if he is like that, I taught him how to survive. If he encounters something, the elders will be involved",Yu Xi answered, also eating a bunch of street foods. The two mingled perfectly with the crowd. "We have another business opportunity to conduct, just monitor him with that",Yu Xi pointed to a mirror like object on Shu's hand. The latter nodded, their business is more important.

"En, what kind of business it is?", the two had already mixed in with the disciples, wearing similar robes and a detection warding talisman. Since most factions joined, there are a lot of disciples with different robes who join in.

"Saving a bunch of damsel in distress",Yu Xi whispered. "Follow  the ones without a group and looks rich, that is our cash cow", the merchant pointed at some young masters, his eyes brimming with joy. In this type of activity, there would always be a single person who was arrogant for no reason. Such a person would chose to hunt alone, completely ignorant of the prowess of demons in numbers.

The important thing is that they are loaded, only young masters are capable of wasting scrolls for night hunting, they are simply a walking bank for Yu Xi.

Shu nodded, marking a few targets to follow. According to brother Yu Xi, the more arrogant they are, the more loaded the young master is. After setting up a small size talisman, the two can now monitor any rich masters in trouble, this idea is both heroic and scummy, only brother Yu Xi could do such a thing! Yu Xi nodded, he had already decided to follow the Chu clan's young master, the epitome of rich, arrogant and bratty, the perfect target for a night hunt.

"The barrier has been invaded! Disciples of each faction, prepare yourselves, make sure to join a small group and hunt within your capability. The elders are here to monitor, but if something arises, make sure to use the talisman the Yushan peak had distributed."

With a thundering sound, the barrier has been lifted, and so the demons entered the down town. Since the people had already evacuated, the disciples could hunt with ease.

And so, the night hunt begins.
_____________________________________

Thanks for reading.....