Chapter 3

꧁꧂

I wake up in an unfamiliar yet comfortable bed. There is only two things I can think of right now: the bedsheets feel scratchy and I am in pain. My stomach and head are aching. I touch my lower stomach and feel something unfamiliar. It has a rough texture. I open my eyes and groan as they are so sore. I look down. I'm wearing the matching underwear set I put on before I went out but the dress is no where to be seen. On my stomach sits a white bandage.

The door opens and I sit up quickly and carefully as I could but I still grit my teeth at the pain. Javier walks in, wearing a black tracksuit and his phone in his hand. He doesn't even look at me until I speak.

"Javier." I look at him emotionless, no longer feeling any connection to him like I did last night. "What's going on?"

He slips his phone into his trouser pocket and drags a seat up to the edge of the bed and asks me to lie down. Carefully he inspects the bandage. "You're bleeding again." He sighs, gently stroking over the bandage. "You need to be careful."

"What happened?" I ask timidly. I cannot remember anything except leaving the club and even that's a bit wavy. I remember kissing Javier and... oh! Ruby threw up... or was it Rachel? Oh God, what happened?

He doesn't answer me, just stands up and walks towards the set of drawers. He opens a first aid box.

"Javier!" I raise my voice a little but still feel rather timid. "What the fuck happened to me?" My voice quivers in fear. In addition to that, I am hungry and dehydrated with a killer headache.

He sighs again but this time more angrily. "It will all become clear soon. Now, stop asking questions. They'll be answered. Soon."

"Are Ruby and Rachel okay?" I ask before a second passes that he finished his sentence.

"Yes, the blondies fine. The one who threw up passed out in the club, but at that point I had already left with you, so she was dropped at her hotel room. She's okay before you ask." He answers in an annoyed tone. "Be quiet and lay back a bit so I can change this damn bandage." His voice is scary. It no longer sounds charming or sexy. It's terribly scary.

I didn't dare respond as I haven't yet figured out if Javier is on my side or the reason I am here in this situation. I'm terrified it's going to be the latter.

"There." He says. "Good girl." He stands up and grabs a bag that was sat by the door. "Put this on." He throws it towards me, steps out the door and closes it behind him.

I stare blankly at the door for a while, hoping he'd open it again and give me some sort of explanation but he doesn't. I swing my legs off the end of the bed and place the bag on my lap. I undo the zipper to see inside is a pair of black leggings, a plain white shirt, a grey hoody and a pair of grey slide-on trainers. I do exactly as Javier says and get dressed. The outfit is comfy at least, which the injury on my stomach is thankful for.

I walk over to the dresser and look at myself in the mirror. My makeup is basically blended but badly; like I've been out in a hurricane. The curls have dropped completely out of my light brown hair and most noticeably my eyeliner is smudged down to my cheek bones on one side and down to my jaw line on the other, my fake eyelashes nowhere in sight. I look around the room trying to figure out where I am. My hotel room doesn't look like this so I cannot imagine I'm even in the same hotel. As I glance around, I see my black fake snake skin clutch bag from last night and race to grab it quickly almost tripping over. I empty the contents onto the wood. No phone. No ID. Where's my money and bank cards? The only things left in my clutch bag was a sad lonely stretched out hair bobble and a packet of femwipes. I stare at the two as I start to realise what's going on.