Chapter 42

꧁꧂

"Babe," Kaiser nudges me slightly. "Wake up."

I slowly open my dried, crusty eyes. When I came to bed earlier, the comedown hit of all the booze and cocaine, leaving me crying with guilt to Kaiser. "Hmm?"

"It's half 3. You asked me to wake you up for a shower and stuff."

I nod slowly and sit up, stretching. To say Bonnie had only given me these clothes about seven hours ago, I had sweated an awful lot in them. Kaiser had to turn the air conditioner on and open the windows to cool me down.

"How do you feel?" He asks, watching me exit the sheets and walk towards my drawers.

"Physically better. Just kinda drained." I reply, knowing he'll know what I mean.

"I could always tell Dad to do the meeting tomorrow instead of today."

"No, no. Don't be silly." I answer. Grabbing a black casual t-shirt dress that has Guns N Roses written on it. "You know your Dad, he'll only stress out. I'm fine."

I head for a shower, giving myself a full body wash and my scalp a good scrub. Once I came back to the room, I notice the bed sheets had been stripped with a new pale orange fitted sheet on and a duvet with sunflowers patterned all over it. "Did you change the sheets?"

"Yeah," Kaiser answers, pushing his shoes to the side. "Oh, I spoke to your Mum seeing as you were supposed to call her after the ball."

"You did?" I ask gracefully. "What did she say?"

"She wasn't the happiest about you forgetting but I explained that you were hungover. I told her I'd make sure you call her everyday and she seemed more relaxed about it."

"Did you actually?" I roll my eyes.

"Hey! It was either that or buy her a plane ticket." He reasons with me.

"Ah, fair enough." I laugh.

Kaiser leaves me in peace to do my hair. I don't bother with make-up as I have eyelashes on so don't really need to bother. I change into the dress and add some black sliders I own. I straighten my hair and head downstairs.

"April! Come on in." Bates greets me. "Roman has sent some guests over who will be working along side him. Just try to be... reasonable."

I look through the glass door and see Matteo and Giovanni. "What the fuck is he doing here?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"He's Roman's advisor and informant. Basically he wants a head up of what's happening so he knows what to discuss with Roman." Gold answers, standing next to me handing me a mug. "He's also absolutely terrified of you."

The three of us watch him wince a little as he turns his head to look at something Kimber's showing him on his laptop.

Gold snorts. "He should know better than to fuck with April. You did a good job on him."

"I know right." I laugh taking a sip of tea. "Does he know I'm gonna be here?"

"Why would I tell him that when we can have the satisfaction of watching him shit his pants when you enter the room?" Bates laughs. "Come on team."

The three of us enter the room. Kaiser is sat on the side unseen from the kitchen. "Right we have everyone here," Bates claps his hands again. Giovanni's face pales.

"Nice to see you again April." Matteo says as I smile.

"You too. It was lovely to see you last night." I hold my hand out, seeing Giovanni flinch as my hand passes his face.