𝐈.

CHAPTER 1 : “Maybe one day... things can go back to the way they were before.”

SUNNY awoke to the smell of rubbing alcohol – hospital smell. He remembers everything, and for the very first time, he cried.

He remembers all the nights he spent alone. The nights he spent lying to himself, the years he spent isolating himself when the door outside to his loving friends were just there; right at his grasps and he rejected it. Fear was washing over him everytime he even had the smallest thought about it.

How he lied to everyone and caused them all the pain they're going through.

AUBREY and HERO took the news the worst, blaming themselves when he should've been the one to pay the price and get the blame.

AUBREY found KIM and got some new friends of her own, but even so, with her grief, her newfound life did no good for her. She just couldn’t let go, she can’t and won’t let herself to.

HERO isolated himself before moving to college, constantly wondering and wondering if he had anything to do with her suicide. He blamed himself and misses her so much that you can see it hurts him.

BASIL continued to have the narrative in his head that it was the SOMETHING behind SUNNY that did all of this, leaving the blame out of SUNNY’s hands and letting his own SOMETHING consume him, and thinking about it more and more everyday.

KEL didn't even get out of his room when he found out at first. But with how he is, he decided to cope by getting into extracurricular activities and getting new friends. But still, KEL misses MARI just the same amount when she left, he tries not to think about it.

He's done. He's done lying to himself and everyone he loves. The truth's out and it's only fair if everyone with the right to know deserves to be told what truly happened that one afternoon.

He limped out of bed, he was greeted with flowers. Flowers from almost everyone he knew of in FARAWAY TOWN. Wishing him to get better. SUNNY took the time to read it. He never felt this much warmth in one event ever since the accident happened, he finally realizes that all this time he spent hating himself, there were still people who wouldn't have the heart to.

After reading everything, he limped to the hallway, he passed an intersection. He saw HEADSCAPE's version of his friends on one side of it and STRANGER in the other. His heart dropped to his stomach as he saw both apparitions move away from one another. Making him pick one or the other.

He doubted himself for a moment and walked to where his friends went. But at the end of the intersection, he only found himself in a dead end. This is the end, he's finally going to tell everyone the truth 4 years later. This was it.

He went in the direction STRANGER went and as he approached, it was standing right next to a door as it disappeared and leaving no trace of it ever existing. SUNNY knows in his heart that this is BASIL's room.

The guilt of everything rushed through his veins, he felt it deep in his soul. The mess he roped his best friend into doing when he should've just told BASIL the truth, the truth that he did it instead of whatever he thought was behind SUNNY.

He opened the door and he saw his friends all gathered in BASIL's bed as the boy was out cold, he looked so frail and tired. He looked like he hasn't slept properly for a long time.

Suddenly all eyes in the room were at SUNNY. They looked glad that he was alright and could actually move on his two feet. Their smiles with their tired eyes looked genuine.

But the sinking feeling of guilt only grew and the realization hit him once more as he fell to the ground, on his knees, and he started cupping his mouth as he wept. AUBREY, HERO and KEL all rushed to his side.