The Product Of Never Feeling My Feelings

The swift movement becomes easy with time. Anything sharp and pointy enough becomes manageable as well as the reluctance of killing those things becomes nonexistent. Their sickening thump on the ground becomes relieving and retrieving the blade becomes robotic. Victor retreats silently. He makes a motion with his hand, a go forward, check the place, I'm covering. There's no answer but Alexander walks past him, a gun in one hand and a knife in the other, both being held close to each other.

Cleaning places became simpler with time once they figured out just exactly what they needed to do and how they needed to do it. Going out on hunts and hoards became familiar. Being squeaky silent, too. Alexander does a subtle jog, grasp its shoulders and allows the blade to sink with some effort on the back of its head. It makes a gurgling noise but falls with no struggle on the ground just like its other peers. The dust that arose with all the dead bodies falling on the floor of the store swirl visibly in the air, the shattered window providing enough sunlight inside the darkened room.

They look around and they listen and other than the groaning outside, the store seems silent enough. Yet, their guard is not put down. That's not affordable. So silently they search. This place has been hoarded months ago when everything started. Hell, everywhere was hoarded, but supermarkets were the main place. Alexander thought it was worth checking it out, though. Nowadays, everywhere is worth checking out. Victor follows Alexander down the aisles, always in a fighting stance, always aware. They finally reach the end. Alex peeks by the corner and Victor checks behind them, making sure they were as safe as they could possibly be.

He vowed to himself to never be that careless again.

Victor looks back forward just in time to see Alexander motioning for him to come forth. Victor does so. Gun in hand, knife in the other, he walks past Alex and checks every aisle he passes by. There's nothing in the corridor besides the one they walked but there's three of them simply standing on the one beside that. Victor puts three fingers up once he passes that one quickly, checking for more. On the final row, he only sees one so he makes a motion for it, goes for it. He takes that lonely one smoothly, knife piercing it below the chin. It spotted Victor a little too late so it makes no noise as it goes down. Victor rubs the sweat off his forehead with his long sleeve, quickly turning it back to help Alex but the fucker's already sliding onto the corridor without him. Victor panics for a second but he's rushing right after him, realising that the three of them already spotted Alex and came for him with their arms extended and clacking jaws.

Alex stabs the farther one under the chin but there's another one grasping his arm so he steps back, grasps the other knife on his utility belt and stabs it right on the eye with incredible speed. But then the other one is reaching out for his back before he can do anything. And he feels its nails digging onto his shoulder but the hand is leaving as soon as it came when Victor kills it with unnecessary strength. Alex turns to him with a huge innocent grin but he still gets hit on the side of the head.

"Dumbass!" Victor snaps in a whisper. "You know how we roll, wait for me, dammit!"

Alex shrugs.

"I know you would've saved me either way, V," Alex says in his soft-spoken tone. Victor sighs, rubs the bridge of his nose.

"One of these days I'm not gonna be able to do that, you idiot. Be careful."

Alexander crouches, pulling the knife out from the first of the three he took down.

"You're still my saviour," he hums, wiping the blood off the knife onto the dead's shirt. He checks its pockets and finds some keys and a wallet but nothing else. He searches on the others' pockets whilst Victor cleans his weapon as well on the handkerchief he keeps especially for that purpose.