𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

          𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 small town In America, Mystic Falls had its secrets.  On the outside, it was the picture-perfect town with an interesting history, but, once one dug even a sliver past the surface, the town started to look completely different.  To most, it became absolutely unrecognizable.  People they had known their entire lives were something they could only conjure in their worst nightmares and their own family history was poisoned with the darkness of the town's reality.  Anyone that chose to stick around and learn long enough could know the true dangers threatening Mystic Falls within a few days.  It was a miracle that each resident wasn't involved, but rather a select few with a peculiar ability to destroy each threat thrown at them.

          On the surface, Roisin Surrette was an ordinary resident of Mystic Falls.  She lived in a studio apartment above an antique clothing shop in the downtown district, she had a fluffy black and gray cat named Beau, and she was the mayor's assistant and activities organizer.  She was kind, generous, and extremely dedicated to her work.  After a few weeks in town, she was known by most residents and while the majority loved her, some disliked her because of her likeability, and others had no opinion.  Her life seemed ordinary.  However, much like her neighbors, her own history was tainted with dark magic and blood-craving immortality.  Roisin Surrette was an eight-hundred-year-old vampire with an agenda.

          With her centuries of experience, it wasn't hard to coexist with humans as a vampire, but it was becoming harder as the other supernatural beings around her started becoming careless with their identities and abilities.  Especially when it gave her the permission she desperately craved to become just as reckless.

༻༺

          The morning was dark and quiet, which had become unusual in Mystic Falls, but Roisin reveled in the peace as she unpacked her car.  The soft pitter-patter of paws followed her from the car into the apartment and back to the car, a quiet meow sounding now and then.  The clocktower that stood tall over the center of town chimed six times, signaling the start of another morning in the quaint town.  The sun was barely peeking over the horizon and creating a pastel sunrise, and Roisin took a moment to stop and watch the sky change colors.  She had spent centuries on earth, yet she never grew tired of sunrises and sunsets and the fact that each one was slightly different but still just as beautiful as the last.

          An annoyed meow sounded behind Roisin, earning an amused smile from the woman.  She turned around to find her cat perched on the trunk of her car, looking at her with squinted eyes.  Roisin sighed and ran a hand down his spine as she softly spoke to him, her voice thick with a suppressed Irish accent, "Is it time for breakfast, Beau?"