Chapter 2: Legacy of Heroes

When the first NOVA appeared in 2012, the being would have caused mass destruction and casualties, if had not been for the intervention of two individuals.

One was Gengo Aoi; A young and prodigous scientist, considered an eccentric by his peers. Yet somehow he had obtained a great deal of knowledge of these dimenisional beings, how they functioned and most importantly, their weaknesses.

His expertise proved valuable then, and it still does up till this day.

But more importantly was the person that Gengo Aoi brought with him, a mysterious mute woman of French descent. She possessed a unique mutation that gave her combat abilities unheard of anywhere else in the world.

Between Gengo Aoi's knowledge and his female companion's combat capabilities, we managed to neutralize and destroy the NOVA in a battle that would become known in history as the 1st NOVA Clash.

The enigmatic woman was Maria du Lac; she was the world's First Pandora warrior and Mother of all Pandora.

Excerpt from the Chevalier Database - File Name: The 1st NOVA Clash and the Advent of the First Pandora

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/Year: 2062, Date: November 1st - Location: Lab 13, Gengo Aoi's Private Office/

Once they were behind closed - and soundproof - doors, Gengo sat down at his desk and began explaining.

"Kazuha's body is in danger." He stated, getting right to the point.

Su-Na Lee's eyes widen slightly, that statement exposed the gravitas of this discussion. If there's one thing she knew the doctor loved and wanted to protect more than anything, it was his family.

"From the Chevalier, I presume?"

Gengo nodded. "In a sense." He elaborated further. "I have been informed by my associate Alfred Hughes about the upcoming course of action the Chevalier will be taking regarding my deceased granddaughter's Stigmata; the 14 out of 20 that they manage to recover from the battlefield of 8th NOVA Clash in Alaska."

"The ones that are actually fragments of Kazuha's miniaturized Prototype Legendary Stigmata."

"Yes, the very same ones. They've renamed the Heroic Stigmata in Kazuha's - the Hero of the 8th Clash's - honour." Gengo confirmed.

Su-Na harrumphed. "In her honour? Sounds more like a PR stunt for the sake of better improving their self-image."

"That is likely true, as often is the methodology of the Chevalier." Gengo agreed. "But stunt or not, Kazuha is worthy of that title, that itself is irrefutable."

The doctor reached into his desk and pulled out a file placing them on his desk. He pushed it in the direction of his bodyguard.

"Come March next year, a meeting will be held at Chevalier's Grand Canyon Head Quarters; there the officials will announce the Heroic Stigmata Transplantation Project."

"The Heroic Stigmata will then be implanted into compatible Pandora, the Chevalier hope this will lead to the creation of more powerful Anti-NOVA warriors."