XIII

CHAPTER XIII

It is D-Day!

We’ve been in this room since 6 o’clock in the morning. We had salads and tea for lunch and early dinner.

Louis is not part of the team but he was invited to be in the front-row of the show. My parents are also here. They arrived yesterday but I was not able to meet them as I was too occupied about Kade’s reaction.
While I was munching my leafy salad, Louis came to me.

“Let’s have some pics. Mommy wanted to see you and they cannot attend because of a business trip.”

“Sure!”
He had his front camera open.

“Say money!”

“Moneeeey!”

I had a piece sign and tongue out while he had a pout.

“This is perfect!”

“By the way, I’m going to post it on Instagram.” He continued.

“Sure,” I agreed.

I asked my make-up artist.
“Who will be the guest star for tonight, Maria?”

“Celine Valderama, Isla.”

“Thanks.”

I know Celine Valderama since I started in the industry. She was the first person I was excited to meet. We first met at a music awards show on 2011. I was a guest there and she was one of the nominees for almost all categories. We were in the comfort room when we had our first interaction. She’s super nice and approachable. Since then, we became best of friends. We would sometimes hang-out.

I opened my Instagram account and saw Louis’ post. He captioned, ‘Good luck to you, love. @NotIslaRae’

Louis has always the habit to call me love. It was like his pet name to me. He would call me brother bae and his sisters, baby but he calls Keesha, wife.

After I heart on the photo, I turned it off since the show is about to start.

Can’t keep my hands to myself
No matter how hard I’m trying
I want you all to myself
Your metaphorical gin and juice.

“We got this, team. Let’s go!”

So come on, give me a taste
Of what it’s like to be next to you
Won’t let one drop go to waste
Your metaphorical gin and juice

One by one, all the models exited the backstage, slaying every outfit.
Cheers of people filled the whole room.

Everyone is praying for the best. The best outcome of the show.

Oh, cause all the downs and the uppers
Keep making love to each other
And I’m trying, trying, I’m trying, trying
All the downs and the uppers
Keep making love to each other
And I’m trying, trying, I’m trying
But I

I can see from here the flashing of cameras. I can almost see my family and Louis on the front row.
The thumping of my heart started fast.

What if I fall? What is if there will be a wardrobe malfunction?

Can’t keep my hands to myself
My hands to myself
Can’t keep my hands to myself
My hands to myself

There are so many questions rummaging around my head. But the only one that stuck in me is why did Kade showed such expression as he saw me with Louis? He is already with his partner, Coleen. The nation is happy having them together.

The doctors say you’re no good
But people say what they wanna say
And you should know if I could
I’d breathe you in every single day

Upon the first lyrics, I entered the runway. I put up a smile and breathe slowly, erasing all my worries and what if’s. My eyes first saw Kade. A dark glint in his eyes, his jaw clenching and his eyebrow raised like he was ready to pounce on me. I felt something strange in me. I continued to walk and gave a smile to Celine. I continued walking until I was already on the backstage where all miracles happen.

Can’t keep my hands to myself

I didn’t attend the after party anymore and choose to have late dinner with my family and Louis. A lot of people are outside the car we are in and we surely had a hard time entering the restaurant.

Dad had already reserved a room for us so no media and press could interrupt us.

While eating, Aidan was holding his phone and trying to suppress his laughter.

“What are you laughing at, A?”

“It’s about these articles that has our picture on the show and entering the resto.”

“What about it?” dad asked.

“Well dad, the media were surmising that Kuya Louis here is in a relationship with Ate that the whole thing between that assh*le Kade was a show for fame.”

He drank water before continuing.

“They claimed their hunch was strong as we were seen here entering the restaurant and ate not attending the after party. They typed in here that it was the next step before engagement.”

Mom and dad laughed and so did the rest of us.

The ridiculous articles have trended one worldwide.

After having dinner, we parted ways. Mom, dad and Aidan are bound to their flight to the Philippines as they still have things to attend to and Aidan with his school. Louis came with me to our hotel room as he is meeting with Keesha there. She also didn’t attend the after party as she is not feeling well. We stopped by a 24/7 store to buy meds and foods for her.

As we entered the room, the television was open and was showing a showbiz report.

‘The couple, Kade and Coleen, were seen outside their hotel room. The two are in their intimate moment that was captured by a fan. Could this be a sign that they will be having little Kade and Coleen? Are we hearing wedding bells in a few months?’

It was a photo of Kade and Coleen. She was in her brassiere and pajama while kissing Kade.

I felt my eyes getting teary.

“Okay ka lang?” Keesha asked.

“Y-Yeah, sure.”

“That guy was looking at me with his mad eyes earlier. Who is that man?” it was Louis this time.

“My ex.”

“Well, he’s a jerk and let’s just drink to that.”

“I’ll order pizza and some other foods while Louis will request wines.” Keesha ordered. They both are quick to be on the telephone and did what order.

After a few minutes, they foods and wines came. Keesha who was still unwell but she joined us after slipping into her soup and drank her meds.

We were just eating and drinking the whole night. There was also music. We did those things until I passed out.

The next day, I saw a video of me, courtesy of Louis singing and dancing to Celine’s Lose you to love me.

It gained lots of views and comments.

An article was also published saying that there was not mutual break-up between Kade and I. It was also stated there that I was using Louis as a rebound to get Kade’s attention and make him jealous. Some even called me attention-seeker.

That day, I told myself to be better and move on.