17

She woke up abruptly from her deep slumber, her heart was pounding so fast that it feels like she ran for miles

She woke up abruptly from her deep slumber, her heart was pounding so fast that it feels like she ran for miles. Not too long after when her eyes forced open, she noticed the sounds of raindrops outside. Large rain that no one predicted even the weather forecast.

Lightning flashed somewhere from afar, as the lowly thunder follows after. Waking up suddenly in the middle of the night because of the rain makes sense but after noticing Beomgyu were no longer beside her bed is what made her confused.

She looked around the-not-so-big room, and realized it was too dark to search for something or someone. She stood up forcing herself just to find where Beomgyu went, before she could open the lights of her room, she heard few noises coming from the outside of her room is what made her stopped. Soft thud and soft sobs that made her shivered down in fear more than being frighten because of the thunder and lightning that kept on flashing out of nowhere.

She cleared her throat while slowly walking outside her room to find where the noise is, she was afraid it might be some white lady who was crying for help. She wasn't prepared for that, so if ever that was really a white lady, she will for surely collapsed in fear. Just as the noise suddenly stopped, the lights all across her apartment suddenly went out, bathing every corner of her apartment into looming darkness.

The suddenness of the power outrage combined with a loud clap of thunder made that someone who was hiding behind the sofa jolt violently and cry out to find y/n instinctively. y/n's eyes widened when someone suddenly jumped out in front of her and hugged her tight.

"Beomgyu!?" she retorted, feeling that someone's chest and warmth after receiving a tight embrace all of a sudden that she wouldn't admit it made her jumped out of shock. After realizing it was Beomgyu because of his familiar height and tight hug, y/n patted his back instinctively to the scared guy across her.

"What are you doing here? Calm down" she uttered as she broke the hug and tried to calm him down by helping him sit on the sofa. As she asked him to scoot over so that she can sat beside him as well.

"I was about to grab some water out of the fridge. B-but the lightning suddenly flashed! And I don't know how to get back in your room since it was so dark" he said shyly, not even looking straight into y/n's eyes.

There was a clear idea popped out into y/n's mind. The sun is afraid of thunders, that's why it always hide behind the clouds whenever it rains... That was the first thing came into her mind after hearing what Beomgyu just spilled out. Before, she was only hypothesizing such things, and was asking herself whether the sun is really afraid of the rain. But now, it all makes sense to her. y/n smiled at the idea.

But her smile soon faded and covered with flustered and blushing face when Beomgyu suddenly laid his head on her unoccupied shoulder. Her breathing was heavy, while her heart was beating uncontrollably faster. The silence hanging in the air was filled with the heavy pounding of the rain against the windows and walls of her apartment. Until another flash of lightning that splits the darkness followed by a frightening sound of thunder which made Beomgyu tighten his grasp onto y/n's arms, digging his head even deeper onto y/n's shoulders.

She's always alone, so she never really have an idea whether what is the feeling of having someone hugging you or clinging onto you while it rains heavily. Not until today that Beomgyu was right here next to her.

......