Chapter 1

Stars are floating away. It feels like I am not moving for days. I moved the last time 10 minutes ago. But being in this prison cell feels like million of years. I am in here since 5 years. I am lucky, I never had to see somebody who floated, in front of my window. That would kill me. I couldn't see somebody who floated. You get floated when you're adult and break the rules or something like that. When you're not an adult you get put in a prison cell. And when you turn 18, you are an adult and get floated. That is one of the rules on the arche. 97 years ago, the life on earth ended and now radioactivity rules on earth. Suddenly the door opens, and I almost think, that they will give me food, but seconds later I come back to reality, because a thin body lands on the ground. Without any words the door shut. Fearful I stare at the body, moving in a dark corner. I am afraid. More than fear. Who is that. The body moans and I crawl a bit more in the corner. Fear is controlling me, I shake. But that changes nothing. I will die in 4 days. I will get floated in 4 days. In 4 days I will turn 18. My end. But my life was not that great before, so nothing will change. Nobody will miss me, my parents were floated and siblings aren't allowed on the arche. It, or whoever, moans again and stands up slowly. In the twilight I can just see a dirty face and blonde hair. I bet, that girl or boy is very pretty. I am afraid but I am proud too. "What are you doing here? Who are you? Go out this is my cell!" I want her to go. It's the only privacy I still have. "That nice today, huh?" The sarcasm in her voice tells me that I should shut up. But my mind doesn't listen. As always. "Get out of my cell, and everythings fine." She slowly get on my nerves. "I would but I can't." The sentence ends with an laugher. "Search another cell. I would even prefer the opportunity to die than staying in here with you, princess." I hate her, even I just know that her mother is the great Abby. And I hate Abby, even when she's a paramedic. It's her fault that my parents got floated. "How is Abby? Did she floated more people? 100? 200? Or maybe the whole arche?" It wouldn't be a surprise if the answer would be yes. "No! What's your problem?! I can't get it in my mind! I can't get it! I did nothing to you!" She looks like she wants to punch me. "Do it." I bet she is not brave enough. "Do what?" She is irritated for the second. "Do it! Punch me! I can see in your eyes that you want to do it!" At the moment when the words leave my mouth I have her fist in my face. Blood is running out of my nose. "Oh is that all?! I thought you would be stronger." Blood is covering my face. "You want more!? You can get it!" Her fist hits again my face. She punched my mouth. Blood get in my mouth and I want to throw up. "You have enough?! Punch one more time! I can see you want it!" I don't feel any pain, adrenaline rushes through my vanes. She put up her hand but she holds on. "Screw you." I turn around and she puts her hand down. "I am sorry" just a whisper. "I know." I laugh. I thought it would take more time, but the excuse came directly. "How do you know?"

"You are the sweet girl from next door. You are the perfect daughter."

"Sorry again"

"It's okay"

"Sure?"

"Yes Clarke I am sure! I thought I would hate you but you are not that bad."

"I should be careful, right?"

"Yeah."

"What's your name?"

"Choose one."

"Please tell me."

"That's a secret."