Love is Quirky (Ch. 4: What Just Happened?)

After you left the kitchen, Shoji just stood there, relishing in the moment you had shared, before he realized what had just happened and the panic set in. He very quickly made his way back to his dorm. He accidentally slammed the door shut in his haste, which earned him some angry shouts from Bakugo. He threw out a quick apology to the other boy before leaning on the closed door and sliding down into a sitting position.

He sighed. What the heck just happened to him? He was never that bold! Kind of ironic that someone who wanted to be a big brave hero could be so timid when it came to love. He was willing to run head first into danger, fight the biggest, baddest villains, even risk his life! But...ask out his crush? Admit his feelings? Open himself up for not only rejection but possibly losing you as a friend? No way. He was absolutely debilitated.

He replayed the moment with you over and over and over in his head. He repeated the words he had said to you to himself.

"Y/N...I like...seeing you."

His almost confession had spilled out from his mouth before he could realize what he was saying. Still, what he said was not fake. It was genuine. He really meant it. It was meant to be comforting and friendly, because that's what you guys were. Friendly. Friends. Just friends. Right? At least, that's the impression he had in his mind up until this point.

But then, you looked up at him with those eyes and you put your hand on his and when you touched him it just felt like...like...he didn't have the words to describe what it felt like. It just felt right. He let out a small snort when he finally realized.

It felt like fireworks. How cheesy. He had always laughed when he saw that in movies or books but now he knows. It really happens.

And then you took that step closer to him, sending his heart into overdrive. What were you going to say before you got cut off? He looked down at his hand, the hand that had just held yours, in awe. Your voice softly whispering his name swirled around his head.

"Goodnight...Mezo."

He sighed. What he wouldn't give to hear you whisper his name like that every single day.

"Is this what it feels like to be in love?" he wondered.

Wait a second. Did he just think that? Love?

Oh God.

He felt like he was floating.

The sound of his phone buzzing in his pocket brought him back to reality. It was a text from Tokoyami.

TOKOYAMI: Shoji, are you alright? What has delayed your return?

In his flustered state of mind after his interaction with you in the kitchen, he had completely forgotten what he was doing before. He had been watching a movie in Tokoyami's room. He quickly typed a reply.

SHOJI: Yeah sorry, I wanted to grab something from my room before going back. Be there soon.

TOKOYAMI: Better hurry, Dark Shadow is getting impatient.

SHOJI: On my way.

Shoji took a deep breath and tried to compose himself enough to return to his friend, although his face was still burning and head was spinning.