Flying with Trouble

Hey guys and girls, thanks for reading! I hope you're liking this book so far and I know the chapters are long, but that's how I wrote it. More for you! YAY! :)

One of my most favorite chapters! Let's meet EDWARD!!! WOOHOOO!

Maebella

--------------------------------

Sunday. November twentieth. Seven o'clock in the morning. And all hell shall break loose.

I put on a pair of jeans and tank top. I don't know what to expect but, I know Edward and I will be landing in Kansas, staying the night, and then fly straight to California. The time zone will keep us on track too. Three hours behind from New York.

The taxi ride is dreary and Milli gives me some space. I may as well be driving to my funeral. I climb out of the car and get my luggage. Three suitcases, not bad at all. The tiny one has some rope, flashlights, bobby pins, and a voice recorder. I may be planning on sneaking out once I get there.

"Come on, Deedee." Milli takes a suitcase and moves on.

"I don't want to." I still force my legs to enter the huge airport which is filled with people traveling for the holiday. We drop off my luggage, go through security, and walk toward my flight.

My purse strap falls and random items sprawl across the tile floor. I quickly grab everything and the speed walk to Milli who is talking with someone.

Milli turns and introduces me. "Luc, this is Deedee. Deedee, Luc."

"Hi. I'm Luc." He offers his hand and I accept.

"Deedee. Thanks for um, talking with Milli. This means a lot."

"No problem. I find the whole ideal interesting. Edward is in the bathroom. Thanks for getting him out of his apartment. The poor fellow is so... quiet." Luc spots someone behind me and waves him over. "Ah, speak of the fellow. Edward, over here."

Edward walks over. He has the glasses, khakis, and short sleeved plaid shirt. He stands uncomfortably near Luc and twiddles his thumbs.

"Hi. I'm Edward." His voice is timid and all the sudden he starts choking on his laughter and spit.

Luc slaps his back a few times while Edward sputters. "Sorry, he just gets a little nervous around...people. Don't worry 'bout it." The two boys glare at each other for a millisecond.

"Ok. So we're stopping in Kansas tonight and then flying to California the next day. Did you give them your luggage?" I eye his small computer bag.

"Yes. This is my carry-on." An uncomfortable silence elapses.

Edward coughs some more and get's down on one knee. "Deedee, will you buy me." A small grin appears on his face. So cute. He holds up a small box. A blinding diamond stares back. "I know your parents will want something...." he whispers.

"Oh my gosh!" I shriek. "What did that cost! You shouldn't have! Oh my gosh! I'm such a horrible person. I don't deserve you!" My body shakes with tears and I have a meltdown.

"Come on, lady. Don't leave him hanging there." A little kid tugs on my coat. "Tell him yes."

"Ya! Say yes!" Random strangers crowd around and cheer me on. I can only imagine Milli's face right now.

"Deedee?" Edward asks. I look down at him and bite my lip. I'm going pay for this later. Karma is a bitch.

"Yes." My throat croaks out. People cheer as Edward slides the elegant rock onto my fourth finger. He picks me up and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek while people clap.