guilt.

show and ship: jujutsu kaisen, itafushi (itadori x megumi)

warnings: mentioned death

fushiguro megumi genuinely never wanted a relationship right now, but of course the universe had other plans and gave him itadori yuji. itadori was a normal high school student living in sendai, (normal besides his extreme strength), not even 6 months ago. now they were sharing the same bed, megumi's face buried into his chest. he couldn't stop the tears flowing from his eyes no matter how hard he tried. yuji did his best to comfort him by wrapping his arms around the boys waist, but deep down he knew he was the whole reason they were like this right now.

you see, the event that started this whole mess happened because fushiguro was being careless. he let itadori fight when a curse attacked his school. he was the one who got so badly injured he couldn't move. he was the one who sat there in shock while itadori ate sukuna's finger. there wasn't a way that megumi would've gotten a way around itadori's execution but he wanted to believe he could. choked sobs came out of his mouth while muttering apologies to the boy who was only holding him closer and closer after each word that left his mouth. "i'm so sorry, i didn't want us to end like this." "it was my fault you have to die." "i love you too much to let you go like this." were some of the main sentences that yuji could make out.

at this point even yuji was crying. he hated seeing his boyfriend like this. he wanted to say something along the lines of, "it was never your fault, i chose to do this." or even, "i'll figure out a way to where i don't have to die, we can be happy again." but the words wouldn't form. his thoughts were knotted together like string that had been sitting in a drawer for too long. instead, he just layed there. hugging his boyfriend as close as he possibly could in fear that he would leave him at any second. both of them feeling guilty for every event that had led up to this point. the two slowly fell asleep in the same twin sized bed, tears staining their cheeks, finally at peace for the first time in what feels like years.

================================

a/n: i'm just going to flat out say this; i'm probably not gonna write a happy oneshot. everytime i try to write one it always ends up sad so i guess that's what we're working with??? anyways, i might not update a lot seeing as it takes me awhile to find the inspiration to write and i'm gonna be busy with school all next week because of finals.

credit for the idea: @ kittyk4eya on tiktok