sleepovers.

WARNINGS: manga spoilers and implied death!!

anime: jujutsu kaisen
ship: none (only platonic friendships for this one <3)

*you don't need to listen to the song while reading but i love the song and i think it sorta fits nobara in the shibuya incident arc idk*

It had been a couple weeks after the Kyoto sister school event and when Itadori was revealed to have been alive. The first years were finally being sent on missions now after letting the initial shock of seeing your formally dead best friend right in front of you again. The missions were never super big though, second grade at best to once again, let them adjust to working all together again.
    It had become a routine that after every mission, all the first years would go to Yuji's room and have sleepovers. After all, they were teenagers. Even if they weren't your normal high schoolers they still enjoyed hanging out as a group and talking about everything and anything that came to mind. They would even sneak out and go to the field when they were bored at night sometimes to look at the stars.
    The night always ended the same way though; all three teenagers tucked into one bed. They never did anything inappropriate, just hugged each other throughout the night. Nobara on the right, (since she insisted that she was always right), Yuji in the middle, and Megumi on the left. The whole reason they even thought about all being in the same bed in the first place is because as real as it was, it was still hard to believe Yuji was actually there. I mean, they saw his dead body lying on the wet concrete. They saw the way his own blood slowly seeped out of his chest where his heart once was. It was hard to believe that they could lose their best friend again. Every sleepover they held onto Yuji for dear life, scared that if they let go for even a fraction of a second, he would slip through their fingers like sand. Yuji never minded though. He knew his friends would never flat out say the real reason they did that but he had an idea as to why. He was just glad to be back with his favorite people after what he had been through over the past couple months of his life.
    Just like clockwork, this happened after every mission. Gojo would wake them up, not even caring anymore because he knew they would never do anything bad, and them going on with their lives like the night before didn't happen. It was everyone's favorite part of coming home though, never once skipping a sleepover. Even if one was dead, Yuji and Megumi never failed to find their way into the same bed, saving a spot for their newly fallen comrade, Nobara Kugisaki.
======================================
a/n: ok so school is now out so that means i have more time to write. i've kinda been in a slump recently so i haven't been writing much anyways but once i do i'll start posting more 😭😭 (i also post everything i post here on my ao3 account @/ m1lf_l0ver)