Chapter one- "No, you rat. I just wanna hang"

Shai's POV

3/7/17

Wedding day

I stand here in my magnificent white dress, pondering over the thought that in just four hours, I'll be married to the most beautiful man in the world.

Theo walks in, his face consoled by a smirk. He looks very handsome in his suit, tie and all. He gives me a smile and walks briskly over to me, sweeping me into a hug. He smells a lot like cologne, which I know he always puts on. It was different this time. It even smelled, well, better than normal

"It's bad luck to see your bride before the wedding," Zoë emerges, carrying some red mac lipstick to apply to my face.

"I know, I just want to see my baby," he says, pressing his lips against my forehead. He backs up and walks out the door into the lobby.

"Boys," Zöe mutters, grabbing a dark red MAC lipstick to apply on my lips.

I laugh and say, "You're just jealous." She rolls her eyes.

"Maybe, maybe not," she says, a small smirk on her face. 

After the ceremony.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the preacher says. Theo smiles at me, and I smile back. He leans in and presses his lips to mine. In one swift motion, he sweeps me into his arms.

"I love you, wife," he smiles.

"I love you too, husband," I say, smiling back at him.

At home

"Are you sure?" He says, laying next to me in his pajamas.

"Yes, I'm sure."

And that's how Haydn and Kamden were formed.

Fifteen years later
Haydn's POV

I take  step back in shock, mainly because of the mounting devastation associated with this decision. "Public school? You have to be kidding," I say, stunned and confused as to why this was considered a good idea. I collapse on my bed, staring at my mother in an attempt to shift her thinking.

"Because. You and your brother have been homeschooled all your lives. You need to get out and be social and get a professional education. Public school is the best option right now," she explains, leaning against the frame of my bedroom door, a hand on her hip. She tilts her head as she maintains eye contact with me, which is something that I'm pretty sure is a mind reading concept.

"This is absolutely ridiculous! 10 years of school and you choose NOW to put us in a public school?" Kamden exclaims, plopping himself down next to me on my bed.

"Your going. Today, we'll go supply shopping. Here's my keys," Mom says, tossing me her keys.

Considering it's the beginning of summer, it would be silly to think about school supplies. But because she's offering to let me drive her Mercedes, I don't argue with her.

"Okay, fine. I'm getting you nothing from McDonald's," I say, frustrated. As i grab my purse, Mom laughs and continues to talk with Kamden.

For the past 13 years, we've been home schooled, and today my parents decided that enough was enough. My mom now works two jobs and my dad, Theo, works one, but it lasts from 1 in the morning to 10 at night.

I step into my mom's car and start the engine. I pull out of our driveway and make my way to the nearest Target store. Once I make my way inside of the store, I start to throw binders, notebooks, highlighters, pencils, pens, note cards, folders, and stuff like that inside of the cart. Once I was done with that, I had some time to kill before dance competition practice, so I checked out and headed over to McDonald's, where I order my lunch and head over to the car. I pull out of the parking lot and over to my dance studio.

Once I arrive, I slip out of my jacket and walk into the dressing room to change into my grey Nike leggings and my purple Nike tank.

"Haydn!" I hear from somewhere behind me. I turn and smile as I notice my best friend, Mavis. I rush into her arms and give her a huge hug.

"I missed you so much!" I say. She lets go of my shoulders and looks into my eyes and says, "I missed you more!" She smiles and I smile back before giving her another hug. The door to the studio opens, and we release each other and walk in, together.

After my 3 hour rehearsal, I arrive home to see my mom and my dad laying next to each other on the couch, watching their old movies.

"What one are you watching now?" I say, setting down my dance bag and purse and walking into the living room.

"Insurgent," my dad replies. I nod and grab my purse and head upstairs to get ready for bed, as it is now 11 o'clock. I slip out of my leggings and my shirt and grab my robe. I slip it on and I walk to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and undo my robe. Once I've taken it off, I start the water and hop in. The warm water envelopes my body as I wash away the layers of sweat and dirt. After my whole shower routine had been done, I step out of the shower and into my robe. I brush my teeth, then walk over to my room, where I flop down on my white mattress and grab my phone to text my boyfriend, Ryan.

"Hey babe. Parents are leaving. Wanna come over?(:" and press send.

Him : "sure(: want me to bring anything?"

Me: "no, you rat. I just wanna hang. but bring movies or something."

I put my phone on its charger and head over to my closet, where I decide to wear shorts and a crop top.

Fifteen minutes later, Ryan walks through my door and smiles. He's carrying a drawstring bag on his back, full of what I assume are movies and stuff.

"Hey babe," he says. I smile and walk over to him. He smirks and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck, embracing him in my arms. He shoves me against the wall and I wrap my legs around his waist. His hand slips from my waist to my back. 

* * * * * * * * *
Before I know it, six hours have passed and all me and Ryan have done is talked.

"I love you, but I have to go," he says, kissing my forehead.

"Okay. I love you too," I say, watching him walk down the steps and into his car. I sigh and lay back into my bed, dozing into a peaceful sleep, missing him ten seconds after he leaves