Chapter 5

Jeongin felt like he had been plunged into ice cold water. For a few terrifying moments, he felt like he was suffocating. His throat contracted, his whole body was trembling uncontrollably from the cold. He was going to die.

    Abruptly, the pain disappeared as quickly as it had begun. A sense of peace washed over him that he had never experienced before. He could still see what was going on around him, but it felt like he was watching it through a screen. Wait a minute.

    "Thanks for letting me borrow your body, Innie," Changbin teased.

    "Wait! Don't hurt anyone!" He cried, his voice echoing around the empty space he was trapped in.   

    "Don't bother trying to fight back," Changbin said calmly. "As long as I have control of your body, you can do nothing. Just sit back and enjoy."

    Jeongin felt his body move. It felt like he was still moving his body on his own, but he felt disconnected at the same time. Almost like he could move his body if he wanted to, but he felt so relaxed that he believed there was no need to.

    His hand pulled the longest, sharpest knife out from the knife block, the silver blade stood out slightly against the dark room. Now he was heading down the hallway. Which room held Changbin's first victim?

    "Stop! Please stop!" Jeongin shouted. He tried to drop the knife, but his hand refused to cooperate.

    "You agreed to this," Changbin said distractedly. "I could have killed you right then, but you chose to do this rather than die."

    He watched helplessly as Changbin opened the door to the room that he had once shared with Minho and chan. Changbin maneuvered around the room, carefully avoiding any floorboards that were known to creak.

    Chan's bunk was empty, leaving Minho lying exposed and vulnerable on the bottom bunk. He was sleeping peacefully, unaware of what was about to happen to him. If it would have made any difference in his fate, Jeongin would have called out to him but what was the point? He couldn't hear him.

    Changbin lifted the knife into the air, moonlight glinting off of the silver blade. Just before he brought the knife down, Minho began to stur.

    "Jeongin? What are you doing in here so late-" He froze in horror the moment his eyes landed on the knife in Jeongin's hand.

    "Woah woah woah!" He cried. "Someone help!"

    Hoping his scream for help was enough to alert Chan, or wake someone else, he grabbed his pillow and pulled it in front of his chest just as Changbin brought the knife down. Feathers from the pillow leaked onto the floor.

    Minho delivered a swift kick to Jeongin's stomach before he had the opportunity to try again. Hyunjin had rushed into the room, grabbing Jeongin under the armpits.

    "Put the knife down!" He demanded in a tone of voice that neither Jeongin nor Minho had ever heard from him before.

    Changbin released Jeongin from his control and the knife fell to the floor with a loud clatter. His body went limp in Hyunjin's arms, his mind fuzzy. What had just happened? The only thing he remembered was waking up on the couch. How did he get here?

    Minho and Hyunjin were staring at him with expressions mixed with fear and anger. Betrayal and disbelief were almost tangible in the air.

    "Why would you do that?!" Hyunjin shouted. Jeongin jumped at his raised voice, his memory of what had happened slowly returning.

    "Please.... I didn't want to hurt him! It was Chang-"

    "What's with this Changbin bullshit?!" Minho spat. "How dare you use him as an excuse!"

    The three of them heard footsteps from down the hall as Seungmin, Felix, Chan, and Jisung were alerted to the commotion.

    "What's going on in here?" Chan asked sternly. "Hyunjin, let Jeongin go right now."

    Minho scooped the knife off the floor as Hyunjin let Jeongin go for the fear that he may try to grab it once he was freed.

    "Jeongin's lost it," Minho said scathingly. "He just tried to kill me! Something needs to be done about him."

    "If you're hinting to getting rid of him, there's no way in hell we're ever doing that," Chan said, an edge of anger to his voice. "However, he is in serious need of help if what you said is true."

    Protests erupted from Jisung, Felix, and Seungmin, not ready to lose yet another member.

    "Hyung... Please don't do this to me," Jeongin begged, tears rolling down his face.

    "It's for the best. Once you're ready, we'll welcome you back with open arms."