Chapter 6

Jeongin was sick and tired of being rudely awakened by the night guard shining a bright flashlight on his face, asking to take his vitals. He hadn't tried anything since he had checked in and he wished that the guards would take a hint.
          The longer he stayed, it became more evident to him that he had changed since Changbin appeared. He did a great job of controlling himself and not lashing out. He knew that he would never be able to leave if he showed a violent side.

    "If you keep up your good behavior, you'll be able to leave very soon," Changbin said, sitting on his roommate's empty bed. He wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep, but if Changbin had something to say, he would have to stay awake until he was finished.

    "I know," Jeongin replied, rubbing his eyes.

    "Aren't you angry?" Changbin asked, leaning forward. "You could have been living a peaceful life back with your hyungs if they hadn't decided to betray you."

    "They didn't betray me. They did that they thought was best," He said, staring up at the ceiling. "I would have done the same if I were them."

    "Poor Innie," Changbin mocked, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Can't even recognize that he's been betrayed. How deep in denial are you?"

    "Hyung, can I ask you a question?" Jeongin asked, changing the subject. Though Changbin was aware of what he was trying to do, he allowed it.

    "Depends."

    "Why are you only showing yourself to me?" He asked.

    "You're the one that disturbed my grave. I can't directly show myself or possess any of the others since they didn't have direct contact with it like you did. I can only attach myself to you."

    "And you're doing this to get revenge on us for what we did to you while you were living?"

    "Yes. Now go back to sleep."

    Jeongin rolled over in his bed, staring at the wall. He knew all he needed to know.

~~~

    Four months had gone by since Jeongin had been checked into a mental hospital. The others hated that it had come to this, but he posed a danger to the others and couldn't return until whatever was going on was fixed and this seemed to be the best way.

    Chan received updates on Jeongin's condition every other day. Sometimes he shared the information but most times he kept it to himself. For the first month and a half, Jeongin's condition was unstable and he lashed out on other patients often, but as time went by, his condition began to stabilize.

    "Everyone, I have some good news for you," Chan abruptly announced. The others pulled their heads away from their food, giving their leader their full attention. "Jeongin is coming home tomorrow."

    Cheers erupted from the table, even from Minho who had come to forgive him.

    "I missed him so much," Felix said, propping his head up on his hands. "Oh! How about we throw him a party?"

    "I don't know about that," Jisung replied hesitantly. "Even though he's stable enough to come home, a party still might set him off."

    "I know, but it doesn't have to be a big one," Felix insisted. "We can make it just big enough to show that we're happy to have him back."

    Small discussion broke out around the table, debating whether or not it was a good idea.

    "Sounds like a plan," Chan said with a warm smile. "Let's do it."