Chapter 7 (finale)

Jeongin's hand rested on the doorknob of the dorm. He was glad to be back, but he didn't want to face the rest of the members just yet.

    "Just go in," Changbin said impatiently.

    He took a deep breath and opened the door. Balloons and colorful streamers decorating the entryway. A giant homemade banner had been hung on the wall reading, 'Welcome back Jeongin' in huge block letters. His hyungs had gathered in the living room, giving him space.

    The moment he walked down the hall, they all took turns giving him excited hugs and saying how much they missed him.

    Liars

    The aroma of fresh baked cookies hung in the air, but this time, it failed to make him feel at home. The colors were overwhelming, the sounds making his head spin. Nevertheless, he forced a bright smile onto his face.

    You all deserve to rot in hell

    To Jeongin, all of their faces were blurred, making them all appear faceless. They spoke to him but everything they said was meaningless. One giant lie.

    Chan pulled Jeongin into a tight embrace, rambling on about how sorry he was. He tried to redeem himself, saying that he did it with Jeongin's health in mind. He promised to make it up to him.

    Betrayer

    "He's not sorry," Changbin said, sounding bored. "He's only sorry that he doesn't have the guts to get rid of you."

    "Can you excuse me, hyung?" Jeongin asked sweetly. "I need to use the bathroom."

    "Of course," Chan said, quickly moving out of the way.

    Jeongin pushed his way past the rest of the members, making his way to the kitchen, hoping no one would notice. Jeongin's head was clearer than it had been in months. Right now, everything seemed like it was coming together.

    He walked back to the living room and made a beeline to Chan, preparing to continue his conversation.

    "Oh! You're back!" Chan said cheerfully. "What's behind your back?"

    Jeongin pulled a knife out from behind his back and lunged at Chan, the blade sinking deep into his flesh. He kept stabbing at Chan's chest, blood splattering his shirt and the floor. Small screams escaped from Chan's lips, trying with no success to push Jeongin off of him.   

    "Chan hyung!" Minho cried, pulling Jeongin away from their leader. Seungmin, Jisung, and Felix rushed over to help Chan and Hyunjin helped restrain Jeongin who was still trying to go after Chan.

    "Oh my god oh my god oh my god," Felix repeated over and over as he held his hoodie to Chan's chest to try and stop the bleeding.
Seungmin had called the police, ready to turn Jeongin in.

    "Chan hyung, please hold on!" Hyunjin begged. Chan only made a soft, incoherent noise in response.

    "Let me go!" Jeongin cried. A wave of guilt had washed over him and it wasn't because of his inevitable future in jail. It was because he realized too late that he was the problem. Not Chan.

    "Nice work," Changbin said, a crazy smile stretching across his face, the first step in his revenge had been put into motion.

    "Hyung! Hyung!" Jisung shouted, beginning to deliver CPR. Chan had stopped breathing.

    In the shock of what was happening, Hyunjin and Minho had loosened their grip on Jeongin. He broke free, turning the blade on himself.

    "Jeongin, no!" Hyunjin and Minho screamed in unison, but it was too late.

    The blade pierced his heart, killing him almost instantly. Jeongin had failed his plan to protect his friends, but with his death, he was able to prevent causing further harm until his grave was disturbed once more.