What if Cale turned into a child? (7)

Before Cale could even open his lips to sing again, a knock resounded to his room followed by the door opening. 

It was Ron, changed into a clean butler uniform and was smiling benignly again. Cale could've sworn his lifespan is shortening whenever he sees Ron's chilling smile. 

"Young master-nim, lunch is served. I'll escort you to the dining room." 

*

Cale found himself being carried down the stairs by Ron. Yes, he was being carried by his old assassin butler, and Cale can't even frown as he doesn't want Ron's benign smile to be directed at him. He was just thankful that the butler isn't talking right now. 

Cale stayed silent throughout their way to the first floor of the villa. There he found the Wolf children entering together with the some young members of the Tiger tribe. Weird enough for Cale, the moment they saw him, they stood there unmoving, eyes blankly staring at him. Although Cale wanted to ask, he could not do so as Ron had already walked away from the group.

Upon reaching the dining room where Beacrox is currently putting dishes after dishes after dishes, Ron had put down Cale on the new chair that was specially made for him. Cale didn't manage to notice how Beacrox's hands falter after seeing him, spilling some of the contents but he quickly wiped it out. The son and father duo meet each other's eyes and Beacrox easily know what his father wants to say.

'Don't talk about it.'

It was clearly an order from his father that's why Beacrox only nod and got out of the dining room to inform the others. He's sure that Cale did not intend for them to hear his practice, it's just that, it happens. Cale is surrounded by masters and strong races that neither it is his, nor the other's fault that they heard him sing. 

Ron on the other hand has a satisfied look on his face. Cale who saw this could only slightly frown and looked at the foods in front of him. 

For the past three days, the meal was different from the usual meal when he was an adult. The meat was made to be soft to chew, Beacrox seems to beat the crap out of the meat to make it this soft. Also, for these past three days, Ron would personally cut Cale's food and make it into bite sizes. Although Cale would normally like this as he doesn't have to do work and just sit there. But still, Cale will always see Ron as a vicious old assassin who pretends to be a benign old man. 

He silently ate and the others also arrived, oddly silent and could not look straight at him. Cale just shrugged it off and ate in silence. The three children too, acted like they don't know a thing and Choi Han... Choi Han was stiff. He was so stiff while eating that it really worry Cale. 

"Choi Han." 

Choi Han flinched and almost choke from the food he's eating. He quickly drank the water and looked at Cale, "Y, Yes! Do you need something, Cale-nim?"

Cale observed this making Choi Han avoid his eyes again. This made Cale certain that something's going on.