"So come a little closer"

The ride to the venue was full of fidgeting and hair twirling, nail biting and random shivers. But through the nervousness we were all dead excited.

Sure we'd played with a good few big artists but this was probably our biggest performance so far. I guess you could say we were sort of kidding ourselves, most of the people here would only be here for Olly and McBusted , but hey! A girl can dream!

When we pulled up there were already a couple band vans in the back car park.

"I think I'm gonna puke"

"Maeve, that's disgusting"

"What? I'm nervous"

Our driver pulled the door open and held it for us while we trekked through the big frame into the arena. We needed to rehearse one more time, during sound check and then costumes and makeup, and then, performance.

So the second we got into the actual stage, Jess was on us like a brick.

"You there!"

"Remember the dance sequence"

"Hands to the left not right"

"No- yes- almost- yes- NOOOOO!"

"Perfect pitch or what is it? Pitch perfect? That's what you need to be!"

"Come on Ally, your not fat amy"

"Fine she's not fat Patricia either!"

By the end of our solo sound check we were wrecked. And that's when the boys arrived. Ie., we had to perform again.

It was weird looking down onto a whole pile of empty seats, and a big space where the standers would be. I was buzzing, and couldn't picture anything other than the stadium full up.

Jess and Louis were discussing our positions again. If the changed the sequence again I would snap each of their spines.

"Alright guys and girls" Jess called from where the audience would be after we ran through the song once or twice.

"Off to costume you go"

I sighed before following the girls off the stage. Perfect, we get to have our faces attacked by tons of fluffy brushes, our eyes crushed by less fluffy brushed and our hair pulled out by definitely not fluffy brushes.

Dudes are so lucky, all they have to get done is a bit of gel and slight stage and lighting makeup. It would take then what, five minutes.

Us on the other hand, up to three hours.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

When I finally got to open my eyes I was shocked, completely utterly shocked. I was a different person, a good shocked. I looked amazing!

We'd already been put in costume. Me in ripped blacks leggings and a khaki coloured nirvana shirt, no sleeves. My dark hair was curled slightly, the loose bits pulled back from my face by pins so I wouldn't be blinded whilst on stage.

But the make up was just wow! My artist, DD , had me all dolled up with dark eyeshadow circled with silver sparkle (matched the small silver hoops on my ears) big long lashes, and some eyeliner.

I looked around at the other girls, all as beautiful but different styles.

And we looked pretty damn good when you put us together. And now I was even more excited for the performance.

Our stylists showed us out of the dressing room when we had finished bombarding them with thanks and told us to head to the main hall, find Jess or Louis and they'd tell us where we are next so that's what we did.