Rescuing Nora

The three of us hunched behind a rock as we scouted out the pack house that once was my home.

"There are two men who hide in the trees at the front entrance." I informed Noah and Samuel as I pointed to the trees.

"Then how do we get in?" Samuel asked. I had to think for a moment.

"Okay," I began, "Nora's spell is still on me. You guys said so yourself that tracking me was really hard because you couldn't smell me. I'll be able to sneak in as long as I'm stealthy."

"Then what do we do?" Noah asked.

"Be my back-up?" I suggested.

"There is literally no plan here." Samuel commented.

"I was taught how to fight, not strategize." Samuel rolled his eyes at my words.

"Well, first. I need to know if we are here to rescue Nora or if we are here to start a fight."

"We are rescuing Nora and then leaving. I don't want to fight anyone."

"Got it. Then shouldn't we figure out where Nora is before we just go barging in?"

"I said I was going to be stealthy."

"Yeah but even I can smell all the wolves in that pack house. You'll easily get spotted. Do you have an idea of where they might be keeping her?"

I thought for a moment. I racked my brain in search of a place my father could have possibly put her.

"Maybe the mutt-cellar?" My insides churned at the thought of my soulmate being stuck in such a vile place.

"Where's that?"

"Directly below the house."

Noah sighed heavily.

"Maybe creating a distraction in the woods will lure a lot of wolves out and then I can sneak in."

"Or ... " Samuel and I both turned to Noah, who wore a mischievous smile on his face, "we could go in dramatically."

*****

With my two brothers behind me, we marched straight up to the front door. The two guards I knew that were hiding in the tree dropped down. They held up their hands in hopes of stopping me but once they got a good look at me, I could smell the fear drizzling off them.

"It's me, Red Reid, son of Alpha Reid of the Ambersy Pack." I declared boldly. "Excuse us," I said in a mocking kindness as the three of us walked past the two guards. I dramatically pushed open the double doors to the pack house and startled everyone inside.

"Someone better tell me where my wife is!" I snarled. "Or else I'll tear a throat out until you tell me!"

I myself had never seen a man as big as me and I knew that everyone here hadn't seen one either.

"Down below," someone random squeaked. I tore away from the crowd, leaving Noah and Samuel behind, and made my way to the mutt-cellar. Pack members moved out of my way as I marched through the halls and down stairs.

My heart was growing anxious as I felt the bond between my mate and I grow stronger and stronger with every inch closer. I hadn't realized this connection until she was too far away for me to feel it. The power of destined love is exhilarating while at the same time excruciating! I wasn't getting to Nora fast enough!

I began running becoming more and more paranoid at what I was going to see, at what I was going to behold. She needs to be okay. She needs to be OKAY!