Chapter 19

Today wasn't like any other day for the twins and the Blades. The normal routine would be wake up, eat breakfast, train, make sure the base was safe. This was their routine everyday, and this was the only things that Ember and Terran ever knew, and the base was what they called home.

They never knew what planets looked like, or the sky, clouds, grass or anything you would normally find on a planet that has a stable environment, they only knew metal floors, walls and roofs and because of this they get bored easily.

Time and time again they have begged their dad to take them to a nearby planet for them to explore and to experience, but it was always the same answers: He couldn't cos he was too busy or They can't because they are in the middle of a war and he doesn't want them to be found by Galra soldiers or He'll take them once they finally defeat the Galra. And they knew this very well

But that hadnt stopped them from trying again and again to sneak out with other members within the Blades, this was Terran's idea. They both knew that they were cute and that the Blades absolutely adored them, as they were also the only kids there and the kids of their leader nonetheless, they knew this and used it to their advantage many times but each time were caught by either Keith, Kolivan or Krolia and you can bet they were punished when Krolia caught as Keith and Kolivan weren't as strict as her on them.

The twins had other means of keeping themselves entertained tho, they would play with some members, play pranks on some, and at times shut off the gravity within the base aswell, Ember figured that out, but today they couldn't do that as everyone in base seemed to be in high alert and very busy which confused them, but they knew not to intervene as Keith has taught them when they need to behave at certain times and this was one of those times.

The base seemed to be under attack due to all the red lights flashing, the base creaking and shaking. The twins were scared about what was happening around them, as this has never happened before. They were hurdled up in their room in the corner with a blankets around them. Terran was holding Ember closely to him making sure she is safe and calming her down. He tried not showing his fear as he knew that would stress out his little sister more so he had to be brave for her.

"Don't worry Ember, everything will be fine, Dad will make sure we're safe and in the meantime I'll protect you, trust your big brother" Terran said to Ember while stroking her long black hair. He has always been protective of his little sister, especially once he became conscious of her broken hip and knew that she isn't as strong has he is, as she was also much more frail that he was when they were younger, so he made it his sole duty to protect her at all costs.

Things started to become more and more hectic as they heard more and more footsteps rushing in the hallways, more and more hits were given to the base and the twins could tell they were under heavy fire. They heard the door open and saw a figure standing the in the doorway, their dad must've sent some bodyguards to protect them.

-X-

"What's the status on the base" Keith asked. "The Particle Barrier has taken 70% damage, our weaponry has almost been completely wiped out and there are rips within the base so our oxygen is depleting at a dangerously fast pace" Thorax said. 'Shit , how did they even find us' Keith thought, "Alrick, go make sure the twins are safe, ill be there shortly" Keith commanded "Yes sir" Alrick responded has he put his fist over his heart and bowed as a sign of respect, and left for the twins. "Hanses, Krolia, Ultar and Traxes, take your teams to the weak points of the base and defend them, Drel, take your squad to go and fix the weaponry while Thorax, you try and get that particle barrier repaired. Kolivan, i leave you here to call the shots,  im going to check on the twins, I'll send back Alrick soon" Keith said, everybody nodded and wasted no time getting to their positions.

Keith practically bolted towards their room as fast as he could, he wanted to make sure they were safe, he made a promise to not only himself but to Pidge as well that he would protect them no matter what. He turned the corner just near to their room, he was almost there, just a few more steps and he finally reached it. He opened the door and he's eyes widened with horror. Blood. That's all he saw. Just a few inches from where he stood layed Alrick with a clear cut on his throat. He looked around the room but he couldn't find the twins, they weren't there.

"Keith, what happened? Where are the twins?" 

______________________________________________________________________

Hey its been a hot minute. Lots of stuff has been happening and i completely forgot about Wattpad and the stories, but long story short its lockdown, my country is up in flames and im just vibing

Also im really upset with myself because i lost my entire voltron folder where i had some good stuff in there that inspired me to write these books in the first place and some of the chapters are fully based on one image and its all gone now and i need to try and find them again.

Words: 867