Chapter 5 Canada

I opened my desk taking out the note he gave me before I left. If anyone saw this note I would be ruined, destroyed, broken.
I slowly opened it reading it word by word, soaking in the text.
*Note*
My Dear Canada, we are forced apart by our own country and you are to marry a fool. I wish you could be mine forever but we are sentenced apart. I will cherish you in my heart forever and I hope you do the same. My Canada, I love you. No matter how broken our love is.
-Miles.
************************************
I still remember the day he gave that to me.
Tears ran down my cheeks as I read it. Miles always had a way with words. We were forced apart when Prince Berkley and Queen Paige proposed that I married Berkley. I hate the Prince for that very reason. My heart blackened that day.
*************************************
I stood on my balcony looking out at the woods. They were so magical that time of year. I had dreams of the forest and a majestic red glow shining from it. It always took my breath away. But sometimes I also had nightmares... mainly about the forest set on fire. Fire was my biggest fear. Ever since I burned my hands in a big kitchen fire I had to wear gloves everyday. If I used my hands to much they would fill with pain. That fire changed my life forever.